Student newspaper of Kirkwood High School.

7 words 21 letters, say it and they’re yours: the guide to the perfect promposal

Naomi Blair, news-features writer

Though seemingly meaningless in comparison to deciding where one might go for college or preparing for AP testing, asking someone to prom is a major step in any teenager’s life. It takes self-assurance, confidence and guts. And, if you’re anything like me, it requires weeks of building up courage, hours and hours of strategic planning and days of formulating backup plans. It takes more than just courage and strategy to ask someone to prom; it also takes pep-talks and boosts of encouragement so if that person were to say no, I wouldn’t spontaneously burst into a pile of insecurities and teenage angst.

But once you get over that hurdle, the road to prom night becomes easier. For now though, deciding how to ask someone to prom is the first step. I asked someone by writing a quiz and having my date take it. At at the end of the quiz, the answers spelled out “Will U Go To Prom With Me.” If trying to figure out the best way to ask someone to prom is worrying you, TKC created a quiz to help make the decision easier (right).