Tis’ the Season: 5 Tips for Surviving Black Friday

Black Friday shoppers flock to stores in hopes of finding the best deals.
McClatchy-Tribune
Christmas wreaths hang in downtown Kirkwood, tree lots will begin appearing before we know it, and everywhere the air is filled with the jolly spirit of consumerism. Ah yes, the holidays are upon us once again. And with the holidays comes Black Friday, a time for great bargains and incredible deals that come only at the expense of all civility and sanity. However, for those of you who choose to brave the madness of Black Friday, here are five tips to help ensure that your adventure is a success. Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

1. Have a game plan.

Veteran shoppers know that creating a map of the stores you plan to hit is a must. Determine the most effective route, and stick to it. Also, if you do not plan on arriving before 5 a.m., then you might as well stay home.

1. Be prepared for battle.

Literally. When half price TV’s are at stake, its every man or woman for themselves, and survival of the fittest takes over. If you aren’t willing to go to extreme measures for that flatscreen, then someone else will be.

1. Power up.

Be sure to load up on carbs the night before and eat a nutritious breakfast when you wake up, ideally something with protein to keep you full and energized. Consumer a minimum of three cups of coffee before you leave the house, and bring plenty of snacks to get you through the grueling day.

1. Dress for success.

How fast can you run in boots? Do jeans really provide the mobility necessary to reach down and snatch that last Kindle from the bottom shelf? These concerns are crucial to keep in mind because one small fashion blunder can have serious consequences.

1. Keep your eye on the prize.

Remember why you are out there. Your friends, family, and neighbors are all counting on you to make their holidays bright. Yes, its tough, but its worth it, because after all, tis’ the season.

$1030
$500