The Fabulous Fox Theater 2018-19 season

Grace Klebe, entertainment writer

Love Never Dies
September 18-30

This brand-new sequel to the award-winning show “Phantom of the Opera” is the first show to hit the Fox Theater stage this season. In 1907,10 years after the Phantom of the Opera left to pursue a new life in New York, star Christine Daae travels to the city to perform opera. There, she is reunited with the Phantom, and their undying love is put to the ultimate test.

Aladdin
November 7-25

Based on the Disney classic, Aladdin is the live musical adaption the world has been waiting for. Directed by Tony Award winner Casey Nicholaw, this show follows Jasmine and Aladdin as they journey through fictional town of Agrabah, facing many obstacles in order to remain together. NBC says this show is “everything you’ll ever wish for”.

Anastasia
December 26-January 6, 2019

Set in Paris during the 1920s, this new musical portrays a young girl as she journeys to learn about her family and her past. She faces several challenges, such as a Soviet officer pursuing her trail, but continues to persevere on her quest. Featuring music by Stephen Flaherty, the score and set have critics raving.

Fiddler on the Roof
January 29- February 10

Ten Tony Awards later, the classic show Fiddler on the Roof hits the Fox stage. One of the longest ever running show on Broadway, you will recognize classic songs such as “Tradition” and “If I Were a Rich Man” as well as many others. This musical showcases a poor Russian family in 1905. The audience is introduced to their many traditions and customs as the five daughters of the family grow up and get married.

Waitress
March 26- April 7

Featuring original songs by six-time Grammy nominee Sara Bareilles, Waitress has proven to be a crowd favorite. The show follows the story of small town waitress Jenna as she escapes a bad marriage and enters a nearby baking contest. She expresses her emotions through one thing she loves most: baking pies. According to the New York Post, this show is a “treat for all the senses”.

Miss Saigon
April 23- May 5

From the creators of Les Miserables comes the beautiful story of a young woman struggling through the end of the Vietnam War to be reunited with her love. The show follows her for three years as she searches for her love, an American G.I. who doesn’t know that he is the father to her child. With famous songs such as “My Heart is On in Saigon” and “Last Night of the World,” this show is a must-see.

Come From Away
May 14-26

This bright, beautiful new musical has captured the world and is on its way to win the hearts of St. Louis. This show is based on the incredible true story of 7,000 airplane passengers stranded on the tiny island of Newfoundland after flights were grounded in the wake of 9/11. The townspeople join together to provide food, shelter, and comfort for these survivors. The Washington Post claims this musical is “the best of the year”.

Grace Klebe, news editor
Interests: Tennis, Lacrosse, reading, writing, calligraphy (I’m learning), listening to musicals, obsessing over musicals, Netflix, eating Favorite food: Cool lime refresher (yeah it’s a drink I know) Favorite quote: “I’m as mad as a dad in traffic!” -Schmidt If you had to be another call staffer, who would you be and why?: Jack Bugee. I...
Will Rives, photographer
Interests: Pushing the limits of space and time Favorite quote: “Dying is mainstream #MONEY” Jaden Smith Favorite food: Human Feet If you had to be another call staffer, who would you be and why? Brendan Davidson because he is everything I want to be and more