Ranking STL smoothie bowls

Ranking STL smoothie bowls

February 21, 2019

Tired of drinking smoothies out of cups and want to try something new? Do you want to try something tasty and something good for you? Then you should try smoothie bowls. Smoothie bowls are smoothies covered with specific toppings  ranging from a variety of fruits, honey, chia seeds, coconut and many more. They are filling, delicious and I definitely recommend them. TKC went around the St. Louis area to rate different smoothie bowls restaurants.

1. Hello Juice and Smoothie

1000 S Newstead Ave, St. Louis, MO 63110

Location: 4/5

Taste: 5/5

Looks: 5/5

Price: 4/5

Serving Size: 5/5

Overall: 5/5

Hello Juice and Smoothie is great place to go for a smoothie bowl. It is located in a little neighborhood near Dogtown that stands out on a corner. Once you walk into the restaurant, as the light shines through the windows all around, you feel welcomed by the employees who are happy to serve you. They have a lot to offer such as breakfast foods, avocado toast, salads and teas, but their smoothie bowls are the most popular. The smoothie bowls cost 9.50 dollars, which is expensive for a bowl, but it is completely worth it because they fill you up. They have different types of smoothies like the Acai bowl, Glow bowl and Cherry Cacao bowl with many types of toppings like fruits, coconut, chia seeds and honey that make the bowl aesthetically pleasing. TKC definitely recommends going to Hello Juice and Smoothie to try a smoothie bowl for yourself.

2. Juice Bar

9849 Manchester Road

St. Louis, MO 63119

10283 Clayton Road

St. Louis, MO 63124

Location: 5/5

Taste: 5/5

Looks: 4/5

Price: 3/5

Serving Size: 3/5

Overall: 4/5

Juice Bar is a close second compared to Hello Juice and Smoothie. There are two locations in the St. Louis area, in Ladue and Rockhill. They have many different smoothies, juices and food to choose from. They cost over 10 dollars which is expensive for the amount that is in the bowl. They smoothie bowls, ranging from a Dragon Fruit Bowl, Go Go Green Bowl to an Aloha bowl, all are delicious and look very appealing. TKC recommends Juice Bar if you want to go somewhere close and are looking for something enjoyable.

3. Rush Bowls

227 N Euclid Ave

St. Louis, MO 63108

Location: 3/5

Taste: 4/5

Looks: 3/5

Price: 4/5

Serving Size: 3/5

Overall: 3/5

Rush Bowls is located in the Central West End, so it is farther to get to and parking is limited.The restaurant is small and not as welcoming as the other places. They also have a big list of smoothies The bowls are small, don’t fill you up as much and the toppings are thrown on instead of being organized neatly like the other restaurants. But they make them quickly which is nice because smoothie bowls can take a long time to prepare. They also have limited seating inside but they has seating outside, so you can enjoy the nice weather while having a smoothie bowl. If you are ever in the Central West End, stop by Rush Bowls for a quick snack.

4. Vitality Bowls

8029 Dale Ave, St. Louis, MO 63117

Location: 3/5

Taste: 2/5

Looks: 4/5

Price: 2/5

Serving Size: 4/5

Overall: 2/5

Just like Rush Bowls, Vitality Bowls has a lot of smoothie bowls to choose from and they are different from the other locations. It is located in Brentwood, the restaurant has many places to sit and the employees are very welcoming. They have different sizes for the bowls and the prices are the most expensive compared to the other places, ranging from 12 dollars to 15 dollars. The tastes of the bowls are not the best because of what they put in the bowl combined with the variety of toppings, but they make them look very appealing.