Bathroom Breakdown: Girls

Bathroom Breakdown: Girls

Science Building
Appearance: For the most part everything looks clean, aside from the occasional toilet paper square scattered around, otherwise you could probably lay on the floor.
Aroma: It always smells like cleaning supplies, but at least we know it is clean.
Audio: The door really is not that heavy, but hearing the sound of it shut could make you jump. You would think the dungeon gates were closing with the echo it sends through the room.
Appliances: The automatic, motion-sensitive lights flash right in your face, like hidden paparazzi.
Ambiance: Top of the list as the room sparkles and shines.

Business Hall
Appearance: First, you have to climb a mountain of like 20 stairs to even reach the door only to be greeted by a “Flush, Flush, Flush, please” sign. Thank you for that reminder.
Aroma: Apparently some choose to ignore the “Flush” sign.
Audio: Uncomfortably quiet.
Appliances: There is no more toilet paper. This bathroom very rarely seems to be re-stocked.
Ambiance: Not the worst in the world, but nothing to rave about.

Language Building
Appearance: Walking in you just have to shiver, whether from utter disgust or the below-freezing temperatures. And whose idea was it to put the full length mirror right next to the sinks? You can hardly squeeze past the mirror-gawkers to wash your hands.
Aroma: Just hold your breath.
Audio: The eternal flush.
Appliances: Some of us wonder how much water is wasted when those toilets flush, one press of a lever and those things are swirling for the next five minutes.
Ambiance: Dirty and unsanitary, some feel the need to cringe when walking through the doors.

Commons
Appearance: The room itself is shaped in a U, nicely separating the toilets and sinks.
Aroma: Hungry? It smells like food in there.
Audio: You’ll have to battle for sink space with an episode of Gossip Girl playing out in front of the mirrors during makeup re-application.
Appliances: Yes, we all read the poster on the wall that shows us step-by-step how to wash our hands properly. Thanks for the tips.
Ambiance: The purpose is pretty straightforward, this is not meant to be a hangout spot.

*This is intended to be a light-hearted review.  The Kirkwood Call in no way wishes to criticize the custodial staff and we thank them for all they do.

View Comments (1)
$1030
$500