Hello, Snow-Co

Natalie Hosto
Snow-Co is a new tradition at KHS, which will take place on Feb. 24 this year.

Getting dressed up, doing your hair and nails, heading to dinner with friends and taking pictures at the park are all hallmarks traits of hoco. As we all know, the Friendship Dance we’ve had with WGHS since the late 1930’s is not cutting it. For the first time in a while, KHS will finally have its own winter formal.

Known as Snow-Co, short for snow-homecoming, will take place on Sat. Feb. 24.

Known as Snow-Co, short for snow-homecoming, will take place on Sat. Feb. 24. It will provide students an opportunity to have a dance just for us. And unlike prom, which is just for juniors and seniors, this dance is open to all KHS students. Personally, I am excited for this tradition to be back, and even more thrilled that WGHS isn’t a part of it, no offense to them.

The KHS administration sent out a survey on Nov. 16 asking students for their input on whether to have another school dance. Having a dance shared with WGHS takes away the individuality of KHS and the excitement of having what almost every other school has: their own homecoming. While Snow-Co isn’t officially homecoming, it provides an opportunity for the iconic hoco experience. The Friendship Dance is still being kept, but the way I see it, Snow-Co is aimed to be a partial remedy to that issue. It’s still keeping an old tradition, but bringing back another old one.

This poll has ended.

Are you going to Snow-co?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Despite the dance being in chilly February, it is still the perfect time to break out those short dresses and pair sleeveless dresses with classy and cozy cardigans. Or if you don’t feel like wearing a sleeveless dress, wearing a short-length dress with long sleeves would also look super cute. You don’t want to be shivering, so pick something that will keep you warm without sacrificing style. As for shoes, some clean white Air Forces may be your best friend for Snow-Co, allowing you to dance without the limitations that heels have while still looking fun. If you do choose to wear heels, don’t make the mistake of wearing a pair that pinches your heels, preventing you from having a fun night. No one wants blisters. As for guys, a suit and dress shoes will do.

The Friendship Dance is still being kept, but the way I see it, Snow-Co is aimed to be a partial remedy to that issue. It’s still keeping an old tradition, but bringing back another old one.

While there are some unknowns about the theme at this time, it is still in the works by the Senior Class Committee and is sure to be a blast. So find that perfect dress or suit and get hyped for a night just for KHS. Practice your dance moves and get those .5 selfie poses ready to go because Snow-Co is coming up soon!