Police Beat: 1/15-1/21

TKC Staff

Des Peres Police Department

On Monday, January 15, 2018, three females did a grab-n-run at Victoria’s Secret at West County Center. The females stole a total of 60 items of athletic wear totaling $2625.35.

On Tuesday, January 16, 2018, two males stole a bottle of men’s fragrance from Macy’s at West County Center.

On Tuesday, January 16, 2018, a male subject was arrested for petty larceny for shoplifting at Macy’s at West County Center.

On Wednesday, January 17, 2018, unknown persons forced entry into the rear of a residence on Christine. Jewelry was taken. Neighbors observed a male wearing an orange vest go to the front door and then to the rear of the home. Subject was driving a green pickup truck.

On Wednesday, January 17, 2018, a male shoplifted a pair of sunglasses at Sunglass Hut at West County Center.

On Thursday, January 18, 2018, credit cards and cash were stolen and used from Continum Adult Day Care on Manchester Road.

On Friday, January 19, 2018, two males stole two pairs of sunglasses from the Sunglass Hut at West County Center.

On Saturday, January 20, 2018, two females loaded up a bag with merchandise and fled the Victoria’s Secret store at West County Center.

On Saturday, January 20, 2018, police responded to the 3rd level parking garage on I-270 for an overdose in a vehicle. The patient was the same subject that was shot at while in a house on Bopp Road several weeks ago. Subject was not breathing upon arrival and was given Narcan. He regained consciousness and was transported to Des Peres Hospital.  

On Saturday, January 20, 2018, subject was taken into custody for shoplifting at Macy’s in West County Center. The subject was released on citation.

On Sunday, January 21, 2018, a male subject was arrested for petty larceny for stealing men’s apparel from Macy’s at West County Center.

Glendale Police Department

On Monday, January 15, 2018, a storage shed located on the grounds of the Glendale Public Works facility, 721 Bismark, was spray painted with various graffiti by unknown persons sometime between January 1 and January 15.

On Thursday, January 18, 2018, a resident of the 200 block of Parkland Avenue reported his unlocked vehicle had been ransacked by unknown persons during the overnight hours, but nothing was taken.

On Friday, January 19, 2018, police responded to a report of a male riding a dirt bike in a careless manner in the area of E. Essex and Moreland Avenue. Police searched the area to no avail.

On Saturday, January 20, 2018, two vehicles were reported as being operated in a careless manner on the parking lot of North Glendale School, 765 N. Sappington Road. Police contacted the two 16 year old drivers on a nearby side street and advised them of the complaint. The boys responded back to the school and apologized to the parents who were supervising their children at the school.

On Sunday, January 21, 2018, a resident of the unit block of Devon Road reported the loss of the rear license plate from his vehicle sometime between 8:00 PM on 1/20/2018 and midnight. The resident believed the license plate may have fell from the vehicle in the South County area, but could not be certain.

On Sunday, January 21, 2018, a resident of the unit block of Algonquinwood Place reported receiving several scam telephone calls and text messages from a telephone number allegedly based in Palmdale, California. Internet searches of the phone number indicated the number was associated with numerous IRS scams where the caller tells the recipient to return the phone call or face arrest by their local police department. This has been a known scam for years. Police and IRS officials remind residents they do not make telephone calls to reach taxpayers and that all communication between the IRS and taxpayers is done in written form through the US Mail.

Kirkwood Police Department

On Monday, January 15, 2018, the Police Department received reports of unlocked vehicles entered overnight on the 400 block of Fairwood, 900 block of Blue Bonnet, 600 block of North Clay and the 600 block of Simmons. No items were reported stolen.

On Tuesday, January 16, 2018, a resident reported fraudulent activity on their Discover credit card account. The credit card company will handle the investigation.

On Thursday, January 18, 2018, Police and EMS personnel were dispatched to a residence on the 11400 block of Big Bend for an unresponsive individual due to a possible drug overdose. Upon arrival, responding personnel discovered the individual was deceased. Although, the cause of death will not be released, a drug overdose is suspected.

On Thursday, January 18, 2018, property damage was reported on a new residence on the 400 block of George.

On Saturday, January 20, 2018, a resident reported a package had been stolen from their front porch after the delivery.

On Saturday, January 20, 2018, a resident on the 300 block of West Adams reported a concrete statue of Jesus stolen from their property.

During the week of January 15 through January 21, one shoplifting case was reported and investigated from a business in the 1000-1200 block of South Kirkwood Road.

During the week of January 15 through January 21, along with regular calls for service and traffic enforcement, the Kirkwood Police Department responded to 13 residential/business alarms, 37 motor vehicle accidents and assisted the Fire/EMS Department on 67 calls.

TKC Staff, Staff Profile

This is the opinion of the entire Kirkwood Call staff.