Police Beat: 1/29-2/4

TKC Staff

Des Peres Police Department

On Monday, January 29, 2018, a male and female stole merchandise from Victoria’s Secret at West County Center.

On Monday, January 29, 2018, unknown suspect(s) stole 3 credit cards and $20.00 from victims locker at the Lodge in Des Peres. Victim said he had locked his locker with the lock provided by the Lodge at the front counter.

On Monday, January 29, 2018, a victim had his wallet stolen from his locker at the Lodge in Des Peres. Victim stated that he did not lock his locker.

On Monday, January 29, 2018, male subject was arrested on summons for petty larceny, stealing sunglass from the Sunglass Hut at West County Center.

On Monday, January 29, 2018, reporting party stated that his keys, ATM card and car were missing from his house on Bopp Road. Officer Crupper observed the vehicle on Manchester Road and pursed it in St. Louis City venue. The suspects left the vehicle at Shell gas station on Hampton and Hwy 40. A short foot pursuit ensued; two suspects were taken into custody.

On Wednesday, January 31, 2018, items were stolen from Nordstrom’s at West County Center. Items were recovered from a female subject who was uncooperative. The incident was captured on video.

On Wednesday, January 31, 2018, a neighbor observed a male subject enter the residence through a window in the rear at Bopp Road. Two subjects were detained and identified. These subjects were taken into custody earlier in the day related to the incident on Bopp Road. Both claim to pay weekly for rooms at the residence. Their statements were verified and the subjects were released.

On Wednesday, January 31, 2018, three females and a male were trespassing in the a house on Bopp Road at around 2:00 a.m. All subjects advised a St. Louis County detective told them they could stay at the house.

On Friday, February 2, 2018, fraudulent use of a credit card at Circle K on Manchester Road. The victim is a resident of Sunrise Assisted Living.

On Saturday, February 3, 2018, reporting party stated that son left his iPad unattended at the food court in West County Center. Upon returning to his seat, he noticed the iPad was missing.

Glendale Police Department

On Tuesday, January 30, 2018, a resident of the 1000 block of Chelsea Avenue reported receiving several threatening text messages from an unknown person. Police contacted the sender and advised them to cease.

On Friday, February 2, 2018, a resident of the 400 block of Parkland Avenue reported receiving unwanted calls from telemarketers and solicitors. She was given instructions on how to block the calls and to subscribe to the state and federal “No Call List”.

On Sunday, February 4, 2018, a resident of the unit block of Hillard Road reported she was missing a diamond pendant valued in excess of $5,600. She believed the pendant has been missing since September 2017 and was last seen in her vehicle.

Kirkwood Police Department

On Thursday, February 1, 2018, multiple reports of thefts from unlocked vehicles were reported in the 1100-1200 blocks of South Geyer, Oakshire and Geyer Forest.

On Thursday, February 1, 2018, a suspicious, occupied, parked vehicle was reported on a parking lot on the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road. As Officers investigated, the driver and passenger were both arrested and charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. The case will be handled in Kirkwood Municipal Court.

During the week of January 29 through February 4, seven cases of shoplifting were reported and investigated from businesses in the 1000-1200 blocks of South Kirkwood Road.

During the week of January 29 through February 4, along with regular calls for service and traffic enforcement, the Kirkwood Police Department responded to 24 residential/business alarms, 26 motor vehicle accidents and assisted the Fire/EMS Department on 59 calls.

TKC Staff, Staff Profile

This is the opinion of the entire Kirkwood Call staff.