Police Beat: 2/19-2/25

TKC Staff

Des Peres Police Department

On Monday, February 19, victim reported that a Kay Jewelers and Macy’s account was opened under her name while she was out of the country.

On Tuesday, February 20, a counterfeit $100 was passed at the Ace Hardware store on Manchester Road.

On Tuesday, February 20, an employee at Pacsun at West County Center had her cell phone stolen.

On Thursday, February 22, truck backed into bushes at a house on Fawnvalley.

On Thursday, February 22, three counterfeit twenty dollar bills were passed at the Lodge on Des Peres Road.

On Thursday, February 22, employee at Jamba Juice in West County Center reported that $480.00 was missing from the safe when she arrived in the morning.

On Thursday, February 22,  a grab and run theft occurred at Forever 21.

On Friday, February 23, resident filled a fraud report due to unusual transaction on his credit report.

On Saturday, February 24, a female stole items from Sephora on West County Center.

On Saturday, February 24, officer responded to a peace disturbance at Satop on Manchester Road. A 36 year old male wrote and passed a vulgar note to a 17 year old female. Subject was arrested and released on summons.

On Saturday, February 24, resident reported that some jewelry and a watch were stolen from his home on Bonroyal. Resident stated that the items were missing after cleaning service has cleaned the house.

On Saturday, February 24, female was seen concealing and not paying for an air freshener from Fuego at West County Center.

On Sunday, February 25, sales associated at J.C. Penney’s at West County Center had her cell phone stolen from her. She stated that she laid the phone down on a display and later noticed she did not have it on her person. She was not able to locate her phone.

On Sunday, February 25, three males and one female were seen stealing two sunglasses from the Sunglass Hut at West County Center.

On Sunday, February 25, male was taken into custody for stealing from Macy’s at West County Center. Subject was wanted by Ferguson and University City. Subject wanted to go to the hospital because he stated that he does heroin and Xanax. He was released at Des Peres Hospital ER.

On Sunday, February 25, victim had her credit card used at the Apple store at West County Center in the amount of $1990.00 and McDonald’s in the amount of $9.00.

Glendale Police Department

On Monday, February 19, a 30 year old St. Louis man was arrested in the 9900 block of Manchester Road and charged in Municipal Court with Speeding and as a Fugitive of the St. Louis County Police Department. He was released to St. Louis County authorities.

On Monday, February 19, officers responded to the 10,000 block of Manchester Road near Andrew Drive for an injury accident wherein the striking vehicle left the scene. The striking vehicle and its driver were located and directed to return to the scene of the accident for the investigation.

On Wednesday, February 21, a resident of the 900 block of Glenmoor Avenue reported her home was burglarized sometime between February 15, 2018 and February 18, 2018. A laptop and credit card belonging to the reporting party’s employer were stolen. Entry appeared to have been made through an unlocked front door while the resident was away from home. Police are investigating.

On Friday, February 23, the rosary reported as found property on 2/18/2018 was returned to its owner.

On Friday, February 23, officers responded to a report of a family disturbance in the 800 block of Brownell Avenue. Upon arrival, the disturbance was settled.

On Saturday, February 24, as a result of the saturated ground due to heavy rains Friday and Saturday, 2/23 and 2/24, a large tree fell across the roadway in the 900 block of Dwyer Avenue. The tree caused major damage to power lines, natural gas lines and to a neighbor’s vehicle, which was parked across the street. Glendale and Warson Woods Police Officers and Fire crews from Glendale, Rock Hill and Kirkwood responded to render the scene safe until the arrival of Ameren and Spire Energy. Utilities were disconnected while repairs were made. Power and natural gas service was restored to the area around 8:00 PM this evening.

On Sunday, February 25, a 31 year old St. Ann man was arrested at the Wentzville Police Department and charged in Municipal Court with Failure to Appear on Stealing and Trespassing Charges. He was released on bond.

On Sunday, February 25, a passing motorist reported observing a green luggage case fall from the rear hatch area of a vehicle traveling northbound on N. Sappington Road. The motorist was unable to obtain a license plate on the vehicle and turned the luggage case over to the Police Department for safe keeping until the owner can be identified.

Kirkwood Police Department

On Tuesday, February 20, An Officer responded to the 300 block of Couch Ave for a forgery/fraud report.  The victim’s credit card was used at two locations in Sunset Hills. Therefore the victim was referred to that department.

On Tuesday, February 20, an officer met with a victim at the police department who reported a forgery.  The victim, who resided outside the City of Kirkwood, reported an unknown person wrote and cashed a check in the 1200 block of S Kirkwood Rd using her name and social security number.

On Tuesday, February 20, an officer met with the victim of a credit card theft at the Kirkwood Police Department.  The victim suspected her credit cards were stolen while she had lunch in the 10200 block of Manchester Rd, and then fraudulently used at various locations in the St Louis area.

On Thursday, February 22, an officer responded to the 900 block of Ohlman for an assault report.  The incident involved a mother and adult daughter. The daughter was issued a Kirkwood Municipal citation for property damage to the mother’s motor vehicle.  

On Thursday, February 22, an officer responded to the 300 block of N Taylor for a reported larceny.  The victim said an unknown person entered his locker and took $200.00 cash and credit cards from his coat pocket.

On Friday, February 23, an officer responded to the 1200 block of Willow View Drive for a domestic assault and theft of property.  The incident is being investigated further.

On Friday, February 23, an officer responded to the 1600 block of W Woodbine Ave for a burglary.  The victim was able to restrain the suspect who entered his residence until police arrived. The suspect was intoxicated and had entered the wrong residence, thinking it was his home.  The suspect was arrested and charged with trespassing then taken to his proper residence.

On Saturday, February 24, an officer responded to 400 block of George for a property damage report.  The victim reported her vehicle driver door window had been broken overnight but nothing was taken.

On Saturday, February 24, an officer responded to S Taylor and the Union Pacific RR crossing for a driver slumped at the steering wheel.  Further investigation resulted in a driving under the influence arrest.

On Sunday, February 25, an officer responded to the 1000 block of S Kirkwood Rd for an exposing person report.  A suspect was arrested and the case will be referred to St Louis County Prosecuting Attorney.

On Sunday, February 25, an officer conducted a traffic stop on I-44 at Sappington which resulted in a possession of marijuana citation.

On Sunday, February 25, an officer responded to the 800 block of Twin Pines for a burglary report.  The victim, who was home at the time, said the suspect entered an open kitchen window and left in a white SUV without taking anything.  The detective bureau is investigation.

During the week of February 19 through February 25, 2018, four cases of shoplifting were reported and investigated from businesses in the 1000-1200 block of South Kirkwood Road.

During the week of February 19 through February 25, along with regular calls for service and traffic enforcement, the Kirkwood Police Department responded to 40 residential/business alarms, 33 motor vehicle accidents and assisted the Fire/EMS Department on 77 calls