Police Beat: 2/26-3/4

TKC Staff

Des Peres Police Department

On Monday, February 26, a male subject stole items from the Akira store at West County Center.

On Monday, February 26, female stole eyeshadow from Sephora at West County Center.

On Monday, February 26, female stole four pairs of jeans with a value of $200 from American Eagle at West County Center.

On Tuesday, February 27, an employee at Jimmy Johns had her purse stolen from her vehicle. Entry was forced.

On Tuesday, February 27, victim’s card was in his possession but a transaction was made over the internet and shipped to an address in Frontenac. The purchase was a pair of sandals valuing $206.73.

On Tuesday, February 27, female stole a pair of sunglasses from Solstice at West County Center.

On Tuesday, February 27,  a cell phone was found on Manchester Road and turned into the department.

On Friday, March 2, resident on Wyndfield Pines stated that items have been stolen from the home. Subject could not provide list of stolen items. Home appears to have drug activity.

On Friday, March 2, subject was arrested for stealing perfume from JC Penney’s at West County Center.

On Friday, March 2, several credit cards were taken from a car parked at the Shell Station on Manchester Road.

On Saturday, March 3, pellet gun was found in the grassy area near Commerce Bank on Manchester Road.

On Saturday, March 3, two brothers were fighting in the parking lot of Schnucks on Manchester Road. One brother was taken into custody for warrants in both St. Louis County and St. Louis City.

On Saturday, March 3, headphones, cash and flashlight were stolen from an unlocked car on Huntercreek.

On Saturday, March 3, female was arrested and released on summons for stealing Nike merchandise from Macy’s at West County Center.

On Saturday, March 3, female subject stole a pair of sunglasses valued at $380.00 from the Sunglass Hut at West County Center.

On Saturday, March 3, two subjects were arrested for stealing from the Sunglass Hut at West County Center.

Glendale Police Department

On Tuesday, February 27, police responded to a domestic disturbance in the 400 block of Belvedere Lane. The parties were separated for the evening.

On Wednesday, February 28, police responded to a domestic disturbance in the unit block of Flower Hill Drive. The parties were separated for the evening.

On Thursday, March 1, warrants were issued by the St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office charging Haley E. Calhoun, 18, of the 1000 block of Nancy Carol Lane, Glendale, Missouri with Possession of a Synthetic Cannabinoid, a Class D Felony, and Jared C. Dents, 19, of the 100 block of St. John, Webster Groves, Missouri, with Delivery of a Synthetic Cannabinoid, a Class C Felony, as a result of their arrest on 8/1/2017 in the 900 block of Nancy Carol Lane.

On Thursday, March 1, the laptop and credit card reportedly taken during a Burglary on 2/21/2018 in the 900 block of Glenmoor Avenue were located by the resident and determined that no Burglary took place.

On Friday, March 2, a 27 year old St. Louis man was arrested at the Sunset Hills Police Department and charged in Municipal Court with Failure to Appear on a Speeding Charge and as a Fugitive of the St. Louis County Police Department. He was released on bond.

On Friday, March 2, a resident of the 1300 block of Beverly Avenue reported the theft of a lawn statue from his driveway sometime between 1/3/18 and 3/2/18 while he was away on business.

On Saturday, March 3, a resident of the unit block of Armstrong Drive reported receiving several phone messages from an unidentified male who was apparently looking for someone named, “Josh”, who did not live there. After contacting the caller, it was determined he had the wrong telephone number.

On Sunday, March 4, police observed a suspicious occupied vehicle on the parking lot of the Christian Life Center, 1333 W. Lockwood Avenue. The driver had pulled over to send a text message and was sent on his way.

Kirkwood Police Department

On Monday, February 26, 2018, an officer responded to the 1300 block of Forest for a larceny report.  The victim sold a Honda ATV to a suspect who paid using 14 counterfeit $100.00 bills.

On Monday, February 26, 2018, an officer responded to the 800 block of W Essex for a larceny report.  The victim reported his cell phone stolen from the locker room.

On Monday, February 26, 2018, an officer responded to the 400 block of N Kirkwood Rd for a counterfeit report.  A customer attempted to pay for items using a counterfeit $20.00. The customer said she had received the $20.00 from a business in Chesterfield.

On Tuesday, February 27, 2018, an officer responded to the 300 block of S Fillmore for a property damage report.  Surveillance video shows a tractor trailer driving over curbs and damaging landscaping and a stop sign and left the area.  

On Tuesday, February 27, 2018, an officer responded to the 800 block of N Woodlawn for a reported burglary and theft of tools.  An investigation led to the arrest of a suspect and warrant issued by the St Louis County Prosecuting Attorney for felony stealing.

On Tuesday, February 27, 2018, an officer responded to the 1200 block of Simmons for a burglary report.  The reporting party said she was house sitting and the residence was broken into overnight, the one evening she did not stay at the residence.

On Tuesday, February 27, 2018, an officer responded to the 400 block of N Kirkwood Rd for a larceny report.  The business made a delayed report of two garments stolen.

On Tuesday, February 27, 2018, an officer responded to the 1200 block of S Kirkwood Rd for a leaving the scene of a motor vehicle accident.  A witness reported a black Dodge Ram collided with a parked white Chevy Malibu and left the area.

On Tuesday, February 27, 2018, an officer responded to the 1000 block of Grandview for a domestic violence report.  A family member was issued a summons to appear in Kirkwood Municipal court.

On Wednesday, February 28, 2018, an officer responded to the 11100 block of Big Bend Blvd for a counterfeiting report.  A suspect was arrested and booked for counterfeiting of $100.00 currency. The case will be referred to the St Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s office for warrant application.

On Saturday, March 3, 2018, an officer responded to the 1500 block of Robin Hood Ct for a fraud report.  The victim said he paid a contractor $2000.00 last April for work that has never been completed.

During the week of February 26, 2018 – March 4, 2018, three cases of shoplifting were reported and investigated from businesses in the 1000-1200 block of South Kirkwood Road.

During the week of February 26, 2018 – March 4, 2018, along with regular calls for service and traffic enforcement, the Kirkwood Police Department responded to 30 residential/business alarms, 39 motor vehicle accidents and assisted the Fire/EMS Department on 77 calls.

TKC Staff, Staff Profile

This is the opinion of the entire Kirkwood Call staff.