Police Beat: 3/12-3/18

TKC Staff

Des Peres Police Department

On Monday, March 12, subject reported that his wallet went missing while he was at The Lodge in Des Peres. A runner later discovered the wallet with an American Express Card and a one dollar bill under the Manchester Road Bridge.

On Tuesday, March 13, a vehicle parked on the lot of Des Peres Hospital had its window broken out and GPS taken.

On Tuesday, March 13, female stole three Champion shirts and sandals from Akira at West County Center.

On Wednesday, March 14, employee at Qdoba on Manchester Road was embezzling money from the night deposit.  

On Wednesday, March 14, male subject stole several items of clothing from Victoria’s Secret at West County Center. When approached by employee, subject threatened to Mace the employees

On Thursday, March 15, altercation handled by the staff between a 16 year old male and a 13 year old male at the Des Peres Lodge. Parent of the 13 year old demanded a report be filed.

On Thursday, March 15, two females did a “grab-n-run” at Victoria’s Secret at West County Center.

On Thursday, March 15, customer was bothering sales associate at the fragrance counter at Macy’s in West County Center. Subject followed the sales associate to her car on Sunday. Subject was told he was aggressive and was warned.

On Thursday, March 15, a burglary was discovered at the AT&T store on Manchester Road. Front door window was broken out and entry was made. Unknown items were removed as no emergency contact was available from AT&T. Det. Broughton responded and processed the scene.

On Friday, March 16, male subject entered Victoria’s Secret at West County Center and stole approximately $3795.00 worth of merchandise.

On Friday, March 16, employee at Five Guys Burger and Fries was arguing with her boyfriend who was going through her vehicle. She requested that he return her keys. A search of the boyfriend found there was a warrant for his arrest in Arnold. Boyfriend was arrested and placed into custody.

On Saturday, March 17, an employee of the Journey store at West County was arrested for stealing money out of another employee’s wallet. Subject had numerous warrants from other agencies.

On Saturday, March 17, female had her wallet stolen from McCormick & Schmidt at West County Center. Subject stated she had her purse hanging on the back of her chair. A stocky male bumped into the chair and exited the restaurant. Shorty afterwards, the victim noticed her wallet was missing. Credit Cards in the wallet were used at the Apple Store.

Glendale Police Department

On Monday, March 12, a resident of the 900 block of Brownell Avenue reported he was believed he was scammed out of $2,000 for attempting to purchase a car on eBay. The resident was able to cancel the transaction before any money exchanged hands.

On Wednesday, March 14, resident of the 1200 block of Brownell Avenue reported three solicitors in the area of his residence without a proper permit. Officers advised the persons working for “His and Hers Construction” of O’Fallon, Missouri to cease until a proper City Solicitor’s Permit was obtained.

Kirkwood Police Department

On Monday, March 12, 2018, an officer responded to the 300 block of S Kirkwood Rd for a reported larceny.  The victim reported an ex-employee broke into the business and took $2000.00 worth of kitchen items and cash.  

On Monday, March 12, 2018, an officer conducted a traffic stop in the 10900 block of Manchester Rd for a driving law violation.  The stop resulted in a driving while intoxicated arrest.

On Tuesday, March 13, 2018, an officer responded to the 500 block of Meadowridge Drive reference a fraud report.  The victim said two fraudulent charges were made on her credit card.

On Tuesday, March 13, 2018, officers responded to a bank robbery in the 1000 block of S Kirkwood Rd.  A suspect entered the bank, presented a note stating a robbery and requested the teller give him money from the drawer.  Investigation by the detective bureau lead to the suspect’s arrest on Friday, March 16, 2018. A warrant for felony stealing was issued by St Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office and the suspect held on $15,000.00 bond.  

On Tuesday, March 13, 2018, an officer responded to the 10400 block of Manchester Rd for a larceny report.  The victim reported 16 bottles of laundry detergent stolen by an unknown black male.

On Wednesday, March 14, 2018, a resident in the 300 block of W Essex reported the theft of a statue from their front yard.  The statue is described as a having a black face and wearing Mardi Gras clothes and a black hat.

On Friday, March 16, 2018, an officer responded to the 200 block of N Kirkwood Rd reference a leaving the scene of a motor vehicle accident.  A witness reported they observed a vehicle collided with a parked vehicle and left the area.

On Sunday, March 18, 2018, an Officer conducted a traffic stop on Southbound I-270 near Big Bend Blvd.  That stop resulted in the driver being arrested for felony possession of a controlled substance.

During the week of March 12 through March 18, 2018, no cases of shoplifting were reported from businesses in the 1000-1200 block of South Kirkwood Road.

During the week of March 12 through March 18, 2018 along with regular calls for service and traffic enforcement, the Kirkwood Police Department responded to 30 residential/business alarms, 24 motor vehicle accidents and assisted the Fire/EMS Department on 49 calls.

TKC Staff, Staff Profile

This is the opinion of the entire Kirkwood Call staff.