Police Beat: 8/27-9/2

TKC Staff

Des Peres Police Department

On Monday, August 27, 2018, a vehicle window was broken on Creekhaven. Nothing was taken from the vehicle.

On Monday, August 27, 2018, three females stole $2615.46 worth of merchandise from a store at West County Center.

On Monday, August 27, 2018, three females stole $1903.47 worth of merchandise from a store at West County Center.

On Monday, August 27, 2018, a female stole $2280.00 worth of men’s merchandise from a store at West County Center.

On Tuesday, August 28, 2018, an employee reported being harassed by a high school classmate via phone, email and social media. The victim resides in St. Charles and has a pending Ex Parte against Respondent.

On Wednesday, August 29, 2018, a male stole 6 to 8 bottles of Tide detergent from a store at the 13300 block of Manchester Road.

On Thursday, August 30, 2018, a white Ford F-150 was stolen from the driveway on Barrett Circle Court.

On Thursday, August 30, 2018, victim’s Lexus NX200T was stolen from their driveway on Bent Brook Road. Owner left an extra key FOB in the vehicle.

On Friday, August 31, 2018, male subject exposed himself so he could urinate on a concrete wall at West County Mall. Subject was escorted off of mall property.

On Saturday, September 1, 2018, an account was opened in victim’s name to fraudulently purchase $18,000.00 in merchandise at West County Mall

On Saturday, September 1, 2018, a suspicious Person was spotted on Dougherty Ferry Rd. Subject was traveling on foot across the state and stopped to take a water break

On Sunday, September 2, 2018, there was a child custody exchange dispute at 1000 N Ballas. The mother of a child has refused to exchange several times.

Glendale Police Department

On Monday, August 27, 2018, a resident of the 800 block of Hanamoor Court reported the possible theft of several pieces of jewelry from her residence. Investigators located the jewelry at a North St. Louis County Pawn Shop and are working to get the jewelry returned.

On Monday, August 27, 2018, officers responded to a report of a disturbance between management of Glendale Chrysler Jeep Dodge, and a vehicle delivery service for the Dean Team in Kirkwood. The delivery service was using Glendale Chrysler Jeep Dodge’s property to “park and stage” vehicles for delivery to the Dean Team in Kirkwood. When asked to leave by Glendale management, the driver refused. The driver left upon officers’ arrival.

On Monday, August 27, 2018, a resident of the 400 block of Belvedere Lane reported her 9 year old daughter had not returned home from school. She was located at a friend’s house nearby.

On Tuesday, August 28, 2018, a First Student School Bus broke down at the intersection of N. Sappington Road at W. Kirkham Avenue, blocking traffic for school dismissal. Officers provided traffic control for over an hour until the bus was removed from the roadway.

On Tuesday, August 28, 2018, a resident of the 400 block of Venneman Avenue reported her 3 year old son was missing from the side yard of her residence. The boy was located hiding in the family vehicle.

On Tuesday, August 28, 2018, a resident of the unit block of Winnetka Lane reported a solicitor from Aptive Pest Control going door-to-door in the area without a proper permit. Officers searched the area, but were unable to locate him.

On Wednesday, August 29, 2018, the Finance Department of the City of Glendale reported receiving an insufficient funds check for payment of trash services. Police contacted the issuer who made the check good.

On Wednesday, August 29, 2018, a resident of the unit block of Winnetka Lane reported a solicitor from Aptive Pest Control going door-to-door in the area without a proper permit. Officers located the man in the 700 block of Venneman Avenue. He was in possession of permits from the Cities of Kirkwood and Webster Groves, but not Glendale. He was advised to cease until a proper Glendale permit was obtained.

On Thursday, August 30, 2018, a resident of the 1200 block of Brownell Avenue reported a suspicious occupied vehicle in front of her residence. The vehicle’s occupant was waiting for his girlfriend.

On Friday, August 31, 2018, officers responded to a disturbance at Glendale Chrysler Jeep Dodge between management and an irate customer. The matter was settled between the two parties.

On Friday, August 31, 2018, a resident of the 900 block of Moreland Avenue reported two female solicitors in the area soliciting lawn care and home cleaning services. The women were advised to cease until they obtained a proper permit.

On Friday, August 31, 2018, a resident of the 500 block of Venneman Avenue reported an unknown male ringing her doorbell with an unknown object in his hands. The man was making a surprise gift delivery to the resident from a friend of the resident.

On Saturday, September 1, 2018, the Glendale Police Department received several reports of a water main break on Edwin Avenue. It was determined that Missouri American Water Company crews flushing water lines from a nearby hydrant.

On Sunday, September 2, 2018, a resident of the 700 block of Fuhrmann Terrace reported finding a blue “X” chalk mark on his front porch. A neighborhood investigation revealed a small child was playing with sidewalk chalk in the area.

Kirkwood Police Department

On Monday, August 27, 2018, multiple vehicles were broken into/unlawfully entered overnight in the 1000 block of Claridge Place, 700 block of Kirkshire Drive, 1000 block of Regent Terrace, 1000 block of Pinegate Drive, and the 1000 block of Cedargate Drive. The majority of the vehicles were unlocked but several vehicles did suffer broken windows.                                                                                                                

On Thursday, August 30, 2018, Kirkwood Officers were dispatched to the 600 block of Norfolk for a person slumped at the wheel of their vehicle. The driver was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a felony controlled substance (fentanyl). The case will be presented to the St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for consideration.

On Thursday, August 30, 2018, an occupied, parked suspicious vehicle check in the 2350 Timberview parking lot led to the arrest of both occupants for possession of marijuana.

On Sunday, September 2, 2018, a resident in the 600 block of Candleberry reported the overnight theft of their vehicle. The vehicle was reportedly locked and the keys were with the owner. The vehicle has since been recovered by the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department and our Detective Bureau is investigating.

On Sunday, September 2, 2018, a resident in the 400 block of Ashwood reported the overnight theft of their vehicle. A set of keys was reportedly left in the unlocked vehicle. Later in the day, Kirkwood Dispatch received information the vehicle was recovered by the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department and the investigation is ongoing.

During the week of August 27 through September 2, along with regular calls for service and traffic enforcement, the Kirkwood Police Department responded to 26 residential/business alarms, 25 motor vehicle accidents and assisted the Fire/EMS Department on 70 calls.

TKC Staff, Staff Profile

This is the opinion of the entire Kirkwood Call staff.