Police Beat: 9/3-9/9

TKC Staff

Des Peres Police Department

On Tuesday, September 4, 2018, alarm sounded on the 12300 block of Ironstone Rd. Residence checked and was secure.

On Tuesday, September 4, 2018, a victim’s credit card was used 10 times over a 3 week period for a total of $ 541.87.

On Tuesday, September 4, 2018, victim was bitten by a dog at the Lodge during bring your dog to the pool event.

On Wednesday, September 5, 2018, an odor of smoke was at 1000 Des Peres Rd. The elevator room had small hydraulic leak.

On Wednesday, September 5, 2018, suspect fled on foot at West County Center, ran out of store and caught at Edward Jones. Suspect kicked an officer during booking, local warrant issued.

On Wednesday, September 5, 2018, family disturbance at St. Luke’s Des Peres Hospital over an infant child. Security on scene. Mother was in ICU and grandparents would not give child back to father. The situation was resolved without further incident.

On Thursday, September 6, 2018, officers dispatched to 12800 block of Goodson Rd. for a residential CO alarm without illness.

On Saturday, September 8, 2018, reportee advised that a 2 foot by 2 foot by 10 inch hole had opened up in the street in front of his residence. An inspection revealed a hole in the pavement with the underlying base had washed out and the area was getting bigger per the caller. A barricade was placed over the hole and Street Supt. Dave Hahn was contacted and stated he would respond to evaluate the street.       

On Saturday, September 8, 2018, large group of teens on the 4th level of the I-270 garage who were trying to lean over and hang from the top of the parking structure. Parents were notified and responded to pick up their children.

On Sunday, September 9, 2018, a suspicious person was at a bus stop on Manchester Rd. The person at the bus stop said he was just dancing and waiting for the bus.

Glendale Police Department

On Wednesday, September 5, 2018, officers responded regarding a possible forgery at Laurie’s Shoes, 9916 Manchester Road, reported on August 24. The financial institution contacted investigators and advised no further investigation or prosecution was desired and they were handling the matter internally.

On Wednesday, September 5, 2018, a resident of the unit block of Winnetka Lane reported receiving unwanted and harassing text messages from an unknown person.

On Friday, September 7, 2018, officers responded to a domestic disturbance in the unit block of Berrywood Drive. The matter was settled upon officers’ arrival and the parties agreed to separate for the evening.

On Saturday, September 8, 2018, a resident of the unit block of Flynn Forest Lane reported the back side of her home was “egged” within the past twenty minutes. Officers searched the area, but were unable to locate those responsible.

On Sunday, September 9, 2018, a resident of the unit block of Cambridge Court reported the theft of his license plate tabs while his vehicle was parked at the St. Louis Lambert International Airport sometime during the past week.

Kirkwood Police Department

On Monday, September 3, 2018, multiple residents on Ivanhoe Woods, the 1000 block of Windsor Springs Court and the 400 block of Rollingwood reported their unlocked vehicles were unlawfully entered overnight. Multiple items were reported stolen to include: cash, purses and other small items.

During the week of September 3 through September 9 two shoplifting cases were reported and investigated from businesses in the 1000-1200 block of South Kirkwood Road.

During the week of September 3 through September 9, along with regular calls for service and traffic enforcement, the Kirkwood Police Department responded to 16 residential/business alarms, 24 motor vehicle accidents and assisted the Fire/EMS Department on 54 calls.

TKC Staff, Staff Profile

This is the opinion of the entire Kirkwood Call staff.