Police Beat: 10/29-11/4

TKC Staff

Des Peres Police Department

On Tuesday, October 30, 2018, delayed burglary in the 11700 block of Brookbend Dr. Former housekeeper entered the victim’s residence and stole checks. The checks were cashed in other venues. A warrant was entered on the suspect.

On Thursday, November 1, 2018, Des Peres Police Department assisted another agency in a vehicle leaving the scene of an accident. Des Peres was advised that units from multiple agencies in Illinois had a subject they were pursuing flee from them after jumping out of a vehicle on Des Peres Rd. north of Dougherty Ferry Rd. Officers from Des Peres, Kirkwood (K-9), St. Louis County, Town and Country, Missouri State Highway Patrol and Manchester responded to the area to assist in the search. Kirkwood K-9 had an initial strong track taking them towards Whitehorse but lost the scent. The vehicle the subject jumped from rolled backwards down Des Peres Rd. and struck a guardrail (No damage to the guardrail). Car towed by Caseyville, Illinois PD for their investigation.

On Friday, November 2, 2018, deer stuck on the fence with a mangled leg. 12700 block of Wynfield Pines Ct.  The deer was shot and Des Peres Street Department removed it.

On Friday, November 2, 2018, Des Peres police responded to an auto accident where a car struck the Walgreens building.

On Saturday, November 3, 2018, assault at West County Center. Fight in the food court area. Two victims transported for minor injuries.

On Sunday, November 4, 2018, marijuana found in restroom in the 1000 block of  Lindemann Rd. The contraband was conveyed to the station and placed in the department’s drop box awaiting destruction. No suspect information.  

Glendale Police Department

On Monday, October 29, 2018, a 36 year old Rock Hill woman was arrested in the 900 block of W. Lockwood Avenue and charged in Municipal Court with driving while suspended, expired license plates and no proof of insurance. She was released on bond.

On Wednesday, October 31, 2018, a resident of the 1000 block of Chelsea Avenue reported a group juveniles deflating a Halloween decoration on his property. Police searched the area to no avail.

On Thursday, November 1, 2018, an Atlanta, Georgia woman reported receiving two personal checks from a Glendale resident approximately one year ago, which were returned marked, “Stop Payment.” Police are investigating.

On Saturday, November 3, 2018, a resident of the 800 block of Victoria Place reported hearing a loud noise outside his residence and when he went to investigate, he discovered the portable toilet on his neighbor’s property had been pushed over. Officers were able to “upright” the portable toilet, however, were unable to locate the responsible party.

On Saturday, November 3, 2018, a resident of the unit block of Willow Oak Lane reported a suspicious male taking pictures of houses on the street with his cell phone. Officers searched the area, but were unable to locate him.

On Sunday, November 4, 2018, a resident of the 100 block of Edwin Avenue reported receiving a suspicious and harassing note inside his mailbox. Police are investigating.

Kirkwood Police Department

On Monday, October 29, 2018, a resident in the 1500 block of Coulter Forest reported their vehicle had been stolen overnight. The victim stated he left the vehicle unlocked, with the keys in the center console. The vehicle was recovered later in the day, outside the Kirkwood City limits. The investigation is ongoing.

On Monday, October 29 and Thursday, November 1, 2018, a retail business in the 400 block of North Kirkwood Road reported shoplifting incidents. The reporting party advised a subject concealed liquor bottles in his pants and failed to pay for the merchandise on both days.

On Tuesday, October 30, 2018, a resident in the 1900 block of Hunting Lake Court reported his ex-girlfriend was trying to force her way into his residence. The ex-girlfriend broke a window on the residence and left the area prior to police arrival.

On Tuesday, October 30, 2018, a Des Peres resident responded to the police station and reported a check stolen from her residence was cashed at the Kirkwood Wal-Mart. The suspect in this investigation is the ex-girlfriend noted above.

On Tuesday, October 30, 2018, officers responded to Wal-Mart for a reported counterfeit money investigation. Upon arrival, officers were able to detain and identify the suspects. One of the suspects was arrested for an active forgery warrant. The counterfeit money was seized and the detective bureau is handling the investigation.

On Tuesday, October 30, 2018, an alert officer observed the ex-girlfriend (burglary, property damage, forgery suspect) walking in the area of Thursby and Ballas. She was arrested without incident.

On Wednesday, October 31, 2018, the windows of a vehicle were broken out while the owner was dining at Texas Roadhouse. The vehicle was gone through but nothing was reported stolen. Surveillance video indicates the damage occurred around 7:00 pm.

On Friday. November 2, 2018, officers were advised of a subject who fled from a vehicle crash at Big Bend and 270 around 4:30 am. The suspect was considered armed and dangerous, with numerous felony warrants for his arrest. At approximately 7:30am, officers were dispatched to the 1900 block of Dougherty Ferry for a reported suspicious person. Upon arrival, the officers located and identified the individual as the wanted suspect. He was arrested and transported to St. Louis County without incident.

On Friday, November 2, 2018, Officers were dispatched to the 1200 block of Rockridge for a reported disturbance. Upon arrival, the victim stated her front door was kicked in, but no one tried to enter her residence. Officers were not able to identify who kicked the door, but the investigation is ongoing.

On Sunday, November 4, 2018, officers responded to southbound I-270 near Marshall for a single vehicle accident into the guardrail. The driver of the vehicle was arrested and charged with DWI.     

During the week of October 29 through November 4, 2018, two shoplifting cases were reported and investigated from businesses in the 1000-1200 block of South Kirkwood Road.

During the week of October 29 through November 4, 2018, along with regular calls for service and traffic enforcement, the Kirkwood Police Department responded to 20 residential/business alarms, 33 motor vehicle accidents and assisted the Fire/EMS Department on 66 calls.

TKC Staff, Staff Profile

This is the opinion of the entire Kirkwood Call staff.