Police Beat: 11/26-12/2

TKC Staff

Des Peres Police Department

On Monday, November 26, 2018, suspicious unoccupied vehicle with an attachment for a wanted subject from St. Peters Police Department. The subject was taken into custody upon returning to the vehicle. The subject was field transferred to St. Peters Police Department without incident.

On Monday, November 26, 2018, recovered stolen vehicle out of St. Ann Police Department in the Ballas Rd. parking garage level three. OnStar was tracking the vehicle and was in contact with Des Peres Police who directed

officers to the vehicle. The vehicle was located with a male subject in the front passenger seat. This subject was taken into custody without incident. While on scene, the driver of the stolen vehicle returned and was subsequently taken into custody after a foot pursuit in the mall.

On Thursday, November 29, 2018, found property in the 1000 block of N Ballas. Person found wallet while out walking. The owner was contacted and he picked up his wallet

On Thursday, November 29, 2018, domestic violence in a vehicle. Subject arrested on Des Peres traffic charges and fugitive St. Peters warrant. Transferred to St. Charles Department of Corrections.

On Friday, November 30, 2018, larceny in the 13400 block of Manchester. Two employees arrested, booked and released on summons

On Friday, November 30, 2018, suspicious person in the 12400 block of Balwyck. Caller advised an unknown male was on his porch ringing his doorbell. Subject located sitting on the front porch crying for help. Subject was extremely intoxicated and only knew his first name and that he lived in the area. The subject was unable to provide any other information. Units responded and conveyed the patient to St. Lukes Hospital Des Peres for further evaluation and treatment

On Saturday December 1, 2018, large firework ignited in West County Center I-270 garage. Numerous witnesses heard and saw flash. No smoke upon arrival of police units but debris located on the ground indicating large firecracker. Report Taken, no damage to vehicles.

Glendale Police Department

On Monday, November 26, 2018, a resident of the 900 block of Joanna Ave. reported both his unlocked vehicles were rifled through overnight. A small amount of cash was taken.

On Monday, November 26, 2018, a resident of the 900 block of Joanna Ave. reported her unlocked vehicle was rifled through overnight. A small amount of loose change was taken.

On Monday, November 26, 2018, a resident of the 1000 block of Joanna Ave. reported unknown persons entered his unlocked vehicles sometime overnight and rifled through them. Nothing appeared to have been taken.

On Monday, November 26, 2018, a resident of the 1000 block of Nancy Carol Ln. reported persons unknown rifled through her husband’s unlocked vehicle and stole a coat and a small amount of loose change.

On Monday, November 26, 2018, a resident of the 900 block of Glenbrook Ave. reported her unlocked vehicle sometime overnight and stole an Ipod.

On Monday, November 26, 2018, a resident of the 1000 block of N. Sappington Rd. reported her unlocked vehicle was rifled through while it was parked in the 800 block of Warwick Lane sometime overnight. Nothing appeared to have been taken.

On Monday, November 26, 2018, a resident of the 900 block of Glenbrook Ave. reported her unlocked vehicle was rifled through sometime during the night. A GPS device was taken.

On Monday, November 26, 2018, police are investigating an alleged assault which occurred at a business in the 9900 block of Manchester Road.

On Monday, November 26, 2018, police responded to a domestic disturbance in the 1000 block of Glenbrook Ave. The parties agreed to separate for the afternoon.

On Monday, November 26, 2018, a resident of the 1200 block of Brookside Dr. reported his unlocked vehicle was rifled through sometime during the night. He did not believe anything was taken.

On Monday, November 26, 2018, a resident of the 800 block of Brookside Dr. reported her unlocked vehicle was rifled through sometime during the night. Nothing appeared to have been stolen.

On Monday, November 26, 2018, a resident of the 800 block of Warwick Ln. reported a hat and gloves were stolen from her unlocked vehicle sometime overnight.

On Monday, November 26, 2018, a resident of the 800 block of Warwick Ln. reported her unlocked vehicle was rifled through sometime overnight. Nothing was taken.

On Monday, November 26, 2018, a resident of the 800 block of Glen Elm Dr. reported his unlocked vehicle was rifled through sometime overnight, however, nothing was taken.

On Monday, November 26, 2018, a resident of the 1200 block of Brookside Dr. reported his unlocked vehicle was rifled through sometime overnight, however, nothing was taken.

On Monday, November 26, 2018, a resident of the 400 block of Venneman Ave. reported being followed home by another driver from Interstate 44. Both drivers stated there was “a near miss” on the highway. Both drivers were sent on their respective ways without incident.

On Tuesday, November 27, 2018, a resident of the 800 block of Warwick Ln. reported his unlocked vehicle was rifled through sometime during the overnight hours of Sunday, November 25 and Monday, November 26. Approximately $25.00 in cash was taken.

On Tuesday, November 27, 2018, a resident of the 800 block of Glen Elm Dr. reported her unlocked vehicle was rifled through sometime during the overnight hours of Sunday, November 25 and Monday, November 26, however, nothing was taken. 

On Friday, November 30, 2018, police investigated a traffic crash involving two vehicles in the 10000 block of Manchester Rd. One of the vehicles overturned as a result of the driver attempting to overcorrect the vehicle’s movement. Manchester Road was closed for a short time while emergency crews worked to investigate and clear the accident. Only minor injuries were reported.

On Friday, November 30, 2018, a resident of the unit block of Flynn Forest Lane reported his house was egged once again by juveniles to the rear of his residence. This occurred approximately 20 minutes prior to the call. Police searched the area to no avail.

On Saturday, December 1, 2018, a resident of the unit block of Frederick Ln. reported a solicitor going door-to-door without a proper permit. Police contacted the man who provided paperwork stating he was working for a not-for-profit organization named “Good Deed Worldwide”. He was sent on his way.

On Saturday, December 1, 2018, police responded to a complaint of a loud party in the 500 block of Venneman Ave. The attendees were sent on their way.

On Sunday, December 2, 2018, a resident of the 200 block of Edwin Ave. reported her house was egged sometime during the overnight hours. The resident’s daughter speculated a classmate may be the responsible party. Investigation proved the classmate was responsible. This matter is to be handled between the respective parents.

Kirkwood Police Department

On Thursday, November 29, 2018, the manager of a convenience store in the 11100 block of Manchester Road reported a bottle of Crown Royal Regal Apple Whisky had been stolen from the store.

On Saturday, December 1, 2018, police officers and Kirkwood EMS personnel were dispatched to a restaurant in the 100 block of North Kirkwood Road for a reported unconscious person. Upon the officer’s arrival, the subject was not breathing and CPR was being performed. The officer administered a dose of department issued Narcan to the subject. The subject was revived and Kirkwood EMS continued treatment. Evidence seized at the scene supports this was a heroin overdose.

On Saturday, December 1, 2018, an assault was reported at a restaurant in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road. A mother and daughter duo were arrested and charged with 4th degree assault after they assaulted another patron over a disagreement which started in 2016.

On Sunday, December 2, 2018, a female was arrested and charged with 4th degree assault after she punched the security guard at a department store in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road.

During the week of November 26, 2018, through December 2, 2018, three shoplifting cases were reported and investigated from businesses in the 1000-1200 block of South Kirkwood Road.

During the week of November 26, 2018, through December 2, 2018, along with regular calls for service and traffic enforcement, the Kirkwood Police Department responded to 34 residential/business alarms, 19 motor vehicle accidents and assisted the Fire/EMS Department on 68 calls.

TKC Staff, Staff Profile

This is the opinion of the entire Kirkwood Call staff.