Senior profile: Andre Harris

Senior profile: Andre Harris
Grant McKenna

Andre Harris has been playing competitive football since he was seven. Since then he has played three years on varsity, including scoring nine touchdowns and accumulating 700 receiving yards his senior year. Colleges, including The University of Iowa, began to scout Andre his junior year.

“When I took my visit to Iowa, I really liked the coaches and all the players. I could really see myself playing there for the next four years,” Andre said.

According to Andre, it has always been his dream to play football at the collegiate level and even further.

“I’ve been wanting to play college football since I started,” Andre said. “Playing professionally has always been one of my biggest dreams, too.”

As a wide receiver, Andre does not feel nervous in a division I setting. Their fans, band and cheerleaders do not intimidate him.

“I’m not going to worry about the crowd,” Andre Harris. “I’m just going to play the game like I know how to play it.”

Andre attributes part of his success to the help and support of his teammates and coaches. Due to the team’s talent and hard work, Team 114 won state for the first time.

“The team helped me because they are competitive and pushed me to be a better player,” Andre said.

According to teammate, Mason Welsh, Andre has been exceptional this year. Mason believes that when Andre goes to college, he will continue to be successful at The University of Iowa.

“He has drive, intensity and work ethic that will allow him to succeed at the next level,” Mason said. “His speed is world class, and I wish him the best at Iowa.”