Varsity field hockey team leads KHS to a victory against Webster Groves

Photo credit to mctcampus.com
MCT Campus
Photo credit to mctcampus.com

With the sun shining down on the Pioneers’ Varsity Field Hockey team, the girls lead Kirkwood to a victory against rival, Webster Groves on Sept. 19, 2012.

The rivalry between Webster Groves and Kirkwood has been going on for over 100 years. The varsity ladies led us to an amazing win of 3-0. Withgoals being scored by Maryanne Kiley, senior, Lanie Mitchell, senior and Kacy Jacobs, junior, the girls left the field with heads high.

Representing the red and white, the girls have an extremely supportive team on their backs especiallywith this game.

“We all spray painted our hair red to get hyped for the game and we just really made sure to cheer for everyone,” Nina Ravensberg, junior said.

Throughout this game, Kirkwood never let down a fight. With the plays dominating mainly in Kirkwood’s half, the team organized beautiful plays to drive the team to victory against their own high school rivals.

“We all loved beating Webster. It’s just another thing we’re better at,” Ravensberg said.

Goalie of The Kirkwood Pioneers, Shannon Dulz, made saves that could have left thegame up in the air.

“She made some amazing saves. She dove for the ball and got back up. Plus she didn’t let any goals in,” Ravensberg said.

After yet another win this season for the girls, they were excited to have their first home game game marked as a win against their rival.

With a supportive team in the bag and many more victories to come, make sure to come and see Kirkwood’s Varsity Field Hockey team this fall.

“Beating Webster was just icing on the cake,” Ravensberg said. “We can’t wait for the rest of the season.”

Kirkwood Field Hockey Schedule
Fall Sports Preview