Turkey Day 2016 preview
November 24, 2016
With a chili cook-off, community pep rally and football game, Thanksgiving week is full of Pioneer pride. This year, KHS celebrated their win at the Missouri Class 6A Football State Championship, Nov. 18 at Faurot Field in Columbia, Mo. And hopefully this week they will have another reason to celebrate. The Turkey Day Game will be held at Webster Community Center Thursday, Nov. 24 at 12 p.m. As of 2015, Webster Groves leads the all-time series 53–45–5. But the Pioneers are coming off a 2016 record of 12-1, while the Statesmen struggled this year with a record of 3-6. This is also the first opportunity for the varsity team to win both the State Championship and the Turkey Day Game, since the state game was a week earlier than usual this year.
Top 10 Reasons Kirkwood Will Win…
- Has Coach Ice melted on the hot seat yet?
- Webster wanted the Cubs to win the World Series. At least the Cubs could end their drought, but the Statesmen…
- Couldn’t get enough of Jeremy Maclin? Don’t worry, we have another one. Have fun with Jay for three more years (you won’t).
- Last year, The Echo said “Webster players are real men who play on a grass field.” With a whopping ONE home win this year, that didn’t turn out too well, did it?
- When we heard there were clowns roaming the streets, we went out and looked for Webster’s offense.
- The Pioneers defeated Lafayette, Pattonville and Ritenour by a combined score of 105-45 this year. The Statesmen lost to the same three teams by a combined score of 85-46.
- Webster’s September: L, L, L and L. Kirkwood’s September: W, W, W and W.
- Webster played a real thriller in their first round loss to Pattonville 30-28. In our first playoff game we thought we’d have some fun too, so we won 58-6.
- Kirkwood’s Class of 2017 has routed Webster’s in the past three Turkey Day games, with a combined score of 113-19.
- Oh, yeah, and Kirkwood is the Missouri Class 6A Football State Champion. Need we say more?
KHS Farrell Shelton, 2 years
2016 Record: 12-1
Webster Groves Cliff Ice, 12 years
2016 Record: 3-6
2015 Turkey Day Game:
KHS defeated Webster Groves 42-13
Reece Goddard, quarterback
Perry Jones, wide receiver
Joseph Jordan, wide receiver
Vashon Amison, wide receiver
Luke Moore, defensive tackle
Cevon Seymour, quarterback
Jack Ford, defensive back
Antonio Phillips, defensive back
Isaac Moye, defensive back
Tyrie Wiley, defensive tackle
Howard Hayden, defensive tackle
Ivan Barnett, linebacker
Jeffery Hill, defensive end
Spencer Raymond, offensive line
Gavin DeBoor, offensive line
Matt Capriglione, offensive line
Tyresse Norris, offensive line
Caleb Beasley, offensive line
Webster Groves Seniors:
Donovan Daniels, running back
Tamir Caldwell, free safety
Kron Richardson, cornerback
Josh Johnson, wide receiver
Noah Perkins, outside linebacker
Marcell Jones, outside linebacker
Treshon Wagner, middle linebacker
Austin Rodriguez, middle linebacker
Esque Ewing, defensive tackle
Taran Barber, outside linebacker