Winter sports preview

Kate Hennessey, Brendan Davidson, Riley Arns, Austin Cleveland, sports editor, sports staff

Girls' varsity swim and dive: Poppy Rost, junior: “I think a lot of teams are gonna try to go after us this year. Two years ago we were second at state so we always had a target on our back. [Since] we did win state last year, it’s gonna be that much more intense. [But] we work together, we really use our strengths to continue to succeed, [so] I think we have a lot of potential to go back to state this year. It’s a long grueling season, and we [need to] know to use each other and [that] it’s gonna get tense sometimes, but know [we’re] teammates and [we] keep working [together].” Matt Beasley, head varsity coach: "We have a lot of girls that I would love to see do more once we get to state. We have a bunch of people that are new to the team this year that are very talented so it would be great to get them some experience at the state level. Overall, I hope for the younger kids to step up and make it to the state meet."

About the Photographers
Christian Baker, photographer
Interests: Running, sleeping, eating oatmeal. Favorite food: Strawberries Favorite quote: No human is limited – Eliud Kipchoge If you had to be another call staffer, who would you be and why?: I would be Marc Binder so I could be brothers with a volleyball star.
Mary Ralston, photography editor
Interests: running, online shopping, hammocking/hiking, snorkeling, eating, traveling, sunsets Favorite quote: “I only love my bed and my momma, I’m sorry” -Drake Favorite food: ice cream If you had to be another call staffer, who would you be and why? Audrey Berns, because of her amazing photography skills and she’s pretty cool ig
Anthony Speech, assistant public relations editor
Interests: Singing, dancing, working, musicals and plays Favorite quote: “Noelle put in my senior Quixote I’m not gonna be at school today”- Brittnae Curry Favorite food: Pizza If you had to be another call staffer, who would you be and why? I would be Kelley because her name sounds like peanut butter and jelly.