March horoscopes

March 3, 2017

art by Haley Mitchell

Aries (March 21-April 19) – Bring out your inner child this month by reconnecting with a younger generation. You were once  a child and probably still act like one, so don’t take this month lightly. Think of the impression you are leaving on your younger siblings, neighbors or community members. Children look up to young adults, and this is your time to step it up. Look for an opportunity to volunteer at an elementary school or daycare center. Even hanging out with your younger neighbors is a step in the right direction. Forget stereotypes about young children and make yourself available to help shape a younger generation.

art by Haley Mitchell

Taurus (April 20-May 20) – Time to put on those driving gloves and prepare for a new type of driving test. This month is yours to stop driving like a speed racer and work on basic skills. Hopefully you know whether or not you are a good driver ( just compare yourself to the best driver in your friend group to see how you stack up). Practice your parallel parking and really pay attention to the speed limit. When you follow the rules, you are less likely to get into an accident or get a ticket. Even if you are not able to drive, you can prepare by studying for the permit test because that is one test you don’t want to fail.

art by Haley Mitchell

Gemini (May 21-June 20) – Find some new shows to binge on Netflix this month. Sure The Office and Parks and Recreation are classics but there is always be room to try something new. Look up Netflix’s most popular shows and see how many of them you have actually seen. Try watching something you would usually never watch and see how it compares to your other favorite shows. And don’t just quit after the pilot. The first episode/season can be a little slow sometimes when actors and directors are still getting the hang of how they want to portray the show. By trying a new series, you are more willing to try other new things.

art by Haley Mitchell

Cancer (June 21-July 20) – Pull out your metaphorical glue bottle and start putting together the pieces this month. Don’t toss aside small misfortunes this month like breaking a valuable or failing a test. Take the opportunity to get your hands dirty and put in some work. If your favorite new shirt gets torn, try to sew it. If you break your side mirror, try to repair it before you decide to spend a ton of money at a car repair shop. Lastly try to repair your struggling relationships before you end them. Realize that everything that is broken isn’t unrepairable.

art by Haley Mitchell

Leo (July 21-Aug. 22) – Pull out your planner and be the leader of your friend group this month. Plan some fun activities for now and the future. By doing this, you will all have something to look forward to. If you all are going on spring break to the beach, try planning a parasailing trip. Start looking at your summer calendar as well and see what concerts and festivals are happening. Not only will your friends be able to look forward to the plans ahead but they can start saving, so they don’t have to be a party pooper when they don’t have enough money. By doing this, you and your friends can also avoid awkward lulls where no one knows what to do.

art by Haley Mitchell

Virgo (Aug. 23-Sept. 23) – Now is the month to cut yourself off and give your wallet a break. Be honest with yourself, and look at about how much money you spend in a month; now, cut that amount in half, and that is your new budget. Too much of your money is going toward food or unnecessary items. Stop relying on friends to cover all your costs, and take some responsibility for yourself. You never want to become the friends that mooches off of everyone. If you don’t have the funds you need, consider getting a job, and if you don’t enough time to get a job you shouldn’t have time to spend all that money. So, take a look at your bank account and see where you can avoid spending money. You will never regret saving.

art by Haley Mitchell

Libra (Sept. 24-Oct. 22) – Investigate your heroes this month and see how they came to be. Research your favorite celebrity, athlete or scientist and learn about their life. Search for connections you and your hero have in common. By finding similarities, you will only admire them more. Take the research and try to replicate some actions that represent your hero. Go out and watch motivational videos that will help you set goals and then follow through with those goals. By setting realistic goals, you will provide yourself with better future opportunities.

art by Haley Mitchell

Scorpio (Oct. 23-Nov. 22) – Pull out your paint brushes, glitter pens and markers because this is your month to get creative. As a small child, you were forced into art classes that would hopefully get rid of some of your pent-up energy. Since art classes are electives in high school, you may be missing out on some of your creative time. Next time you have 15 minutes free, pull out a piece of paper and doodle, or maybe start a long-term project. By getting involved in something new and exciting, you are likely to feel more fulfilled, especially after you accomplish a piece of artwork.

art by Haley Mitchell

Sagittarius (Nov. 23-Dec. 23) – Take the opportunity to do more for those around you this month. While working is good for your wallet, you can also benefit from doing free work for those in need. By giving back to others, you will feel a sense of accomplishment along with feeling grateful for the things that you have and others don’t. Charity doesn’t need to be for a big organization either. You could simply rake your neighbor’s lawn for free, or offer to babysit your cousins. By giving someone else an experience they might not get elsewhere, you provide an even more special service. Take this opportunity to appreciate what you have and see what you can do for those around you.

art by Haley Mitchell

Capricorn (Dec. 24-Jan. 20) – Time to put on a watch because this is the month to make timing a priority. Don’t be the friend that always takes 10 minutes to get out of the house when your friends pick you up. Hold yourself to a higher standard and realize time is an important thing to a lot of people. By being on time, you are showing respect to the people who are picking you up or are planning an event. You don’t always the realize the annoyance you may be causing by your constant lateness. Even if you aren’t always late, take this month to educate those who are.

art by Haley Mitchell

Aquarius (Jan. 21-Feb. 19) – Pull out those laptops, phones and tablets. This is your chance to learn how to properly use technology. Try not to rely on everyone for help with your technology. At some point in life you will be on your own, which means you will be posting your own Facebook photos, uploading your own YouTube videos and emailing your bosses and peers. If you are truly lost on how to use your technology, ask for help at first but then take some accountability for yourself and learn on your own. By learning about technology, you will be more prepared for future jobs ahead.

art by Haley Mitchell

Pisces (Feb. 20-March 20) – In this month, look in the mirror and try to learn more about yourself. Time to ask yourself, “Who am I?” And “What am I doing with my life?” Realize that goals don’t come easy, and in order for you to reach your dreams you will have to try out a few new ways of getting to success. In order to stay motivated this month, you need to rely on support for friends and family. As long as you keep setting goals, you will continue to succeed in whatever you work for.