Senior profile: Claire Visnovske

May 12, 2016

Senior profile: Claire Visnovske

photo by Chloe Hooker

photo by Chloe Hooker

photo by Chloe Hooker

Passing her love of theater to the next generation is the gift Claire Visnovske wants to give. Claire, who loves to work with children, has fallen in love with performing on stage. Although she’d love to work in professional theater right out of college, she hopes to teach drama long-term.

Claire developed her desire to earn a degree in theater education through her work at Camp Broadway, a two week summer camp for 8-14 year olds interested in drama. As a counselor, she works with the children and helps guide them through the process of auditioning and producing a full show. Joe Schoen, director of Camp Broadway, along with Kelly Schnider, Claire’s drama teacher and director, are positive role models she credits with encouraging her to follow her path towards a theater education degree.

“[Schoen and Schnider] have so much passion towards theater and teaching theater,” Claire said. “Schnider has helped me realize that I want to [teach theater education]. If Schnider can do it, I can do it.”

Claire will be attending Missouri State University in the fall. The university’s campus structure and unique theater education degree appealed to her. Claire is excited to progress through college and see where her teaching skills will take her.

“Teaching is something I’m comfortable doing and I can’t wait to wait to share what I love about theater with others,” Claire said.