Four neediest cases: God

December 4, 2018

Lizzie Stobbe

art by Lizzie Stobbe

About two years ago, they found God. It’s not that they didn’t already believe in God, it’s just they weren’t as devoted as they are now. But after reading the Bible more, their eyes were opened. Despite any hardship, there is always the comfort of God, they said.

“Everyone has their own struggles,” they said. “I believe God puts things in your way for you to overcome and build as a person. I feel like I’m overcoming life in general.”

About two years ago, before they truly found God, they analyzed their life. They realized they wanted to make a change about their life.

“One day I just sat down and thought, ‘Do I wanna keep doing things the same or do I wanna try to do something different?’” they said. “Then I thought, ‘If I wanna try to do something different, then what’s that thing gonna be?’ Then I sat down, looked inside myself and got to the place I am now. I think I’m a pretty decent person. I’m not the best person, I still sin, I’m pretty hot-headed sometimes, but I try my best. I feel like I’m an honest person at least. I try my best.”

Even after being kicked out of their house with nothing to eat and only the cold of winter and the clothes on their back to comfort them, they continued to look to God. Because even when they may feel like they have no one left, He will always be there.

“At the end of the day, if [everyone] else in the world gives up, at least God is there for me,” they said.

Even when life gets hard, they still have plenty to be thankful for. Their optimistic view on life is what saves them time that could be wasted on being sad about anything hard in life.

“Focus on the good, don’t worry about the bad, because the bads gonna get better,” they said. “I’m grateful for my friends, the little money that I do have, the clothes on my back. I’m grateful that I woke up this morning.”

No matter how others may view the struggles of life, they choose not to see them as struggles. They choose to take everything as a learning opportunity for self-growth. They choose to see how everything that goes wrong in someone’s life, will actually benefit them in the future. They choose to remain grateful. They choose to see the grace of God.

“I just really thank God for all that I have.”

Donations List: 

Monetary donations for school debt

Size medium Nike sweatshirts

Gift cards to True Religion