Fine Line – Harry Styles

January 28, 2021

Styles creates a stylistic melting pot, integrating indie-pop, funk, soul, pop-rock and psychedelic-pop genres into his sound. Graesen Joyce

Former One Direction member Harry Styles released his second solo album “Fine Line”  Dec. 13, 2019, which reached number one on the Billboard 200 six days later. Styles represents a new generation of men who defy gender norms, as he appeared on the cover of Vogue in a glorious Gucci ball gown. Styles creates a stylistic melting pot, integrating indie-pop, funk, soul, pop-rock and psychedelic-pop genres into his sound. The most renowned songs from the album are “Watermelon Sugar” and “Adore You,” both sharing a dedication to the euphoric feelings associated with the beginning of a relationship. His most recognizable message to listeners is to “Treat People with Kindness,” which is overlooked in our current political atmosphere. Styles concludes the album with an eccentric outro, “Fine Line,” intertwining string instruments, horns and harmonies to typify the iconic album. “Fine Line” pays tribute to Styles’ navigation of his twenties and highlights the bliss and grief that go hand in hand in relationships.