Morgan Hooker

Suddenly it comes: you need to poop. With almost four more hours left in the school day, you have an important decision to make.

Pooping at school

In November, a topic was posed in the all-staff group chat: pooping at school. Soon, many staffers chimed in, expressing support or dissent on the subject. Some say it’s terrifying, while others view it with honor. Overall, TKC believes taking a dump at school is a sign of strength, with a slim 52% (34/66) of staff supporting the decision. 

It’s 8:45 a.m. on a Monday — you’re waiting for the bell to ring. You had a pleasant morning, grabbing a coffee on the way to school, slurping it down in less than 20 minutes. You’ve been sipping from your water bottle all morning (very quickly, so your mask stays on) and suddenly it comes: you need to poop. With almost four more hours left in the school day, you have an important decision to make. To poop or not to poop at school? There is only one right answer, and that one involves a trip to the restroom and plenty of toilet paper. 

What is your view on pooping at school?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Pooping at school is a sign of strength. As many students have acknowledged, it takes courage to leave class for longer than a few minutes — classmates might figure out what you’re doing. There’s also the obstacle of gross restrooms, busy stalls and the terrifying potential of an unbridled mess. However, these are not reasons to hold your bowels. These are reasons to push forward, for both your ego and health. According to Squatty Potty, a business that sells pooping products, not pooping for long periods of time can damage your digestive system, making it harder to take a dump in the future. It’s true that not everyone has the courage to commit such a vulnerable act in our most exposed state: at school, among classmates we want to impress and teachers we want to suck up to (being in class rather than on the toilet is an important part of “teacher’s pet”). But it is absolutely vital to triumph over these boundaries and answer your intestinal cries of help. So, raise your hand, lock the stall, and push (both metaphorically and literally) to the end. We at TKC will commend you for it. 

$1030
$500