Cinnamon sugar pumpkin balls
Pumpkin Donut Holes:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/3 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
(You can substitute pumpkin pie spice for these spices [cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, cloves]. If substituting, I suggest using 1/2 tsp cinnamon + 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice.)
5 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 cup granulated sugar
2-3 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 24-cup mini muffin tin well.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and cloves.
- Add in the egg, and mix until well combined.
- Add in buttermilk, vanilla extract, and melted butter. Mix until well combined.
- Lastly, add in the pumpkin puree and mix until just combined.
- Drop about 1 Tbsp of batter into each mini muffin cup.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until the pumpkin donut holes ‘spring’ back when touched.
- Once the donuts have cooled, roll each donut hole in the melted butter, and then immediately roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.