If+youre+on+Rosss+side%2C+you+dont+deserve+to+find+love.+

Audrey Blaine

If you’re on Ross’s side, you don’t deserve to find love.

Were Ross and Rachel on a break?

“Friends” has been out since 1994, and people still question whether the beloved TV couple Ross and Rachel were on a break in season 3, episode 15. The everlasting question remains a hot topic of conversation, but here at TKC we believe the answer is “no,” as 78% (53/68) of TKC staff believe Ross was more in the wrong. Now, before we delve into this controversial take, let’s lay down the facts. Ross and Rachel dated for a year before Ross became jealous of Rachel’s work colleague, Mark. This resentment caused Ross to act out of character by annoying Rachel until she had enough. After a heated argument, Rachel impulsively stated she wanted a break. Ross was distraught, and later that night went out with his best friend Joey, where he became intimate with another girl.

By many standards, “going on a break” does not mean “breaking up.” Usually, when people take a break from things, they return back to them. Obviously, Ross didn’t understand this, as he completely betrayed Rachel, not even 24 hours after she said she wanted space. Although there may have been some miscommunication, and Rachel should have defined what a break was, for Ross to see another girl so quickly is downright outrageous. Even if Rachel did want to completely end it with Ross, getting with someone else that fast is not normal and seems pretty malicious to TKC

Long story short, Ross is the one who made the mistake. And while the biggest controversy of TV may remain an argument for many years to come, there’s no denying the fact that Ross and Rachel were, indeed, only on a break. 

$1030
$500