Coco LeGrand

As I look back on senior year, I realize how much I have grown and how much I have yet to learn.

Marilynn Steuby

Texas Tech University

Architecture

Senior year of high school is a time of excitement, anticipation and a little bit of anxiety. It’s a time when students are looking ahead to the next chapter of their lives, while also saying goodbye to the friends, teachers and coaches that have shaped them over the past four years.

For me, senior year was a whirlwind of activity. I was taking challenging classes, participating in extracurricular activities, like volleyball and clubs, and preparing for college applications, there were a lot. There were times when I felt overwhelmed, but there were also moments of pure joy and excitement that I got to share with my classmates and peers. From pep rallies to IP in Eden’s office, my peers always made high school fun.

One of the most memorable experiences was attending college fairs and visiting campuses. It was exciting to explore different colleges and imagine what my life could be like as a college student. I spent hours researching schools, taking virtual tours and talking to current students. 

As the school year came to a close, there were bittersweet moments. We will soon have our  last day of classes, take our final exams, and say goodbye to teachers and friends who have made a lasting impact on our lives. It is hard to believe that my time at Kirkwood is coming to an end, but I am excited about the possibilities that lay ahead.

In the end, senior year was a time of growth, self-discovery and learning. I learned how to balance my time, manage stress and take care of myself. I made new friends, tried new things and gained a deeper appreciation for the people and experiences that had shaped me.

As I look back on senior year, I realize how much I have grown and how much I have yet to learn. It was a year of highs and lows, but it was also a year of hope and promise. I am grateful for the memories, the friendships, and the lessons learned.

Finally, thank you Chat GPT for getting me through my senior year. Wish I would’ve found you sooner.

$1030
$500