Winter sports preview

Abe Rappaport
Hockey, along with seven others, are the winter sports offered at KHS.

As the weather grows colder and sports gradually move indoors, students at KHS look forward to the winter sports that are about to kick off. Here’s what to expect this season.

Boy’s Basketball:

“I grew up watching all the games and now being able to play is a dream of mine.” -Jack Kocher, senior.

Girl’s Basketball

“We have a good bond this year. A lot of players connect in a different way than past years I’ve been here.” -Jordyn Rowland, senior.

Hockey:

“[We are] a great team with [younger players] and experience with a bright future.” -Alex Nolfo, senior.

Girl’s Swimming: 

“The thing I’m looking forward to the most with swim season is the unity and camaraderie that we have as a team because it is a cool vibe that you don’t get with any sports, and it’s really fun and I like the team a lot this year.” -Eva Smith, senior.

Boy’s Wrestling:

“It’s [about] bringing people together and having that discipline [necessary].” -Mikey Muller, junior.

Girl’s Wrestling: 

“I’m excited that we have more girls this year, so that’s really exciting to see how everyone is going to grow.” -Josie Hosea, junior.

Boy’s Racquetball

“[My favorite part] is being around people that I like and it’s also fun meeting people from other schools and becoming friends with them.” -Harry Bogatko, junior.

Girl’s Racquetball

“My favorite part about being on the racquetball team is the people there because they are nice and there is no drama, and it’s nice to go somewhere to practice a sport you like with people you want to be around.” -Margaret McPheeters, junior.