Where does Kirkwood find love?

Brianna Raak
TKC interviewed students and staff around the school about where they find love.

“When you can make others feel appreciated and [feel] better about themselves, I think that’s really important. When you can make someone feel special, seen, respected and that they’re in a space they belong. [That] brings me the most love.” 

-Dr. Seth Harrell, principal

“Animals bring me lots of love and joy. Seeing Nova [the service dog]  in the hallways, getting kisses and [petting] her reminds me to enjoy the simple things and slow down. [It also reminds me] that everyone should have animals in their life.” 

-Mrs. Christina Zibart, chemistry teacher

“Usually it’s German class. However, on Thursdays it’s playing the accordion [outside] by the KHS statue. [I love] how it makes everyone feel because everyone really likes it [and] I like to make people happy.” 

-Truman Kim, sophomore

“Mostly, my Kappa Kappa golf girls bring me joy because they bring energy to the school and to my life, and I’m glad that we have a thing that we can all belong to together.” 

-Mr. Shawn Owens, journalism teacher

“Pommies brings me love because of the sisterhood and the friends that it has brought me. I’m so grateful for everyone on the team and it has been such an amazing experience.”

-Scarlet Moss, junior

“Getting to see my friends everyday and listening to music.”

-Teddy Clanton, sophomore 

“I love my job because I get to read books and recommend them to people, and that’s a daily source of joy. I [also] love seeing everyone throughout the day because almost a quarter of the school has IP, so my day is never boring.”

-Mrs. Julie Healey, librarian 

“I find love at home with my daughters because we [all] love each other, and I one hundred percent find love at work, in terms of loving my job. I’m surrounded by colleagues who also love their job and have other hobbies that they love [too]. I find love everyday.” 

-Ms. Katie Hall, math teacher