Money saving tips for Prom next year

Prom can be a pricy deal for everybody involved, and hurt many peoples wallets. Girls had to buy dresses that can cost upwards of $300, meanwhile the guys had to buy tickets which cost $50 a pop. Guys also had to pay for dinner and a tux. Fortunately there are some ways to save a buck for those people with shallow pockets next year.

ATTIRE

-Use your moms old prom dress if it looks good. If you catch any flak because of it, just say it’s “sentimental.”

-Online clothing stores such as Wanelo can be full of deals on inexpensive, good looking dresses.

-Many tux stores offer a free tux rental to people who can refer a certain number of friends to the store.

-Shop around thrift shops for a dress. 90 percent of the dresses you will see are going to be crazy and terrible, but you never know when you might find a real gem. Also, if you are going with your friends, the ugly 90 percent can lead to some good laughs.

DINNER

-Have a potluck dinner if you are with a group. Just have everybody bring a dish from home and share it at someones house.

-If it’s just you and your date, maybe make her a home cooked meal. Chances are your parents will pay for the ingredients and it will show her how much you care.

EXTRA

-There isn’t really a way to save money on tickets here. Sorry guys.

-Look for deals online while looking for corsages. Often times you can find something $20 cheaper at a florist that might be just a little bit out of the way.

-The after prom party is always fun and free with a ticket purchase

-Maybe next year instead of that limo, look into carpooling. Take it from the owner of a 1999 Chrysler Town & Country minivan, nobody cares if you get dropped of in a “less stylish”