Spring sports update

Girls’ Lacrosse:

Key Player- Suzy Bambini, junior

Key Game- Cor Jesu April 28

Stephanie Seabaugh (senior): Best memory of your career at KHS: “My best memory playing at KHS was a game we won in the last 10 seconds.”

Ways the team prepared in the off-season to accomplish its goals this year: “We prepared in the off-season by running and staying in shape or doing winter leagues.”

Girls’ Soccer:

Key Player- Rachel Kibby, junior

Key Game- Webster May 6

Tara Bruns (junior): Best memory of your career at KHS: “At the end of last year when we went up against Nerinx in districts.  Everybody thought we were the underdogs and that Nerinx would easily beat us. The best part was nobody expected us to win, but we did. I was so excited to have gotten the assist on the first goal.”

Ways the team prepared in the off-season to accomplish its goals this year: “The team was encouraged to do two sessions of indoor soccer starting in November.  We also did Athletic Republic, which was the training session every Wednesday and Saturday to get us in shape.”

Baseball:

Key Player- Griffin Goodrich, junior

Key Game- Parkway West April 26

Andy Robbins (senior): Best memory of your career at KHS: “My favorite memory was hitting a home run against Parkway North last year.”

Ways the team prepared in the off-season to accomplish its goals this year: “We did off season hitting and open gyms as the season got closer.”

Girls Track:

Key Player- Bria McWoods, junior

Key Meet-Dale Collier April 30

Bria McWoods (junior): Best memory of your career at KHS: “My freshman year at sectionals at Rockwood Summit my 4×200 team broke the school record and two of the current record holders were there and then we broke it again at state.”

Ways the team prepared in the off-season to accomplish its goals this year: “Pre-season workouts in the small weight room, ab workouts, in-place jumps and learning parts of extensive warm-ups.”

Boys’ Track:

Key Player- Quincy Sharp, senior

Key Meet -Dale Collier April 30

Quincy Sharp (senior): Best memory of your career at KHS: “State, you know what I’m saying.”

Ways the team prepared in the off-season to accomplish its goals this year: “Worked out five times a week and stayed focus.”

Boys’ Volleyball:

Key Player- Tony Fonsecca, senior

Key Game-Parkway West April 21

Patrick Day (senior): Best memory of your career at KHS: “Sophomore year we were about to lose on a serve out but hit a kids leg and we won off of it.”

Ways the team prepared in the off-season to accomplish its goals this year: “We worked out in the weight room on Tuesdays and Thursdays, mostly legs.”

Boys’ Golf:

Key Player- Ben Crancer, junior (injured currently, but will play in districts.)

Key Game-Districts April 27

Ben Crancer (junior): Best memory of your career at KHS: “My favorite memory was my freshman year when I qualified to play at the state.”

Ways the team prepared in the off-season to accomplish its goals this year: “There weren’t any team practices or workouts, we just all practiced our own by going to the driving range.”

Water Polo:

Key Player- Zach Smith, junior

Key Game- Chaminade April 19

Zach Hawkins (senior): Best memory of your career at KHS: “It had to be spending the night at the McHugh’s and having to wake up to go to early morning practices the next day.”

Ways the team prepared in the off-season to accomplish its goals this year: “We had morning practices leading up to the season and also worked in the weight room.”

Boys’ Tennis:

Key player: Drew Morris, senior

Key Match: MICDS April 28

Josh Waite (junior): Best memory of your career at KHS: “Freshman year we beat Parkway Central at the State Championship and I beat a senior who I hadn’t beat all year.  It came down to the final match and I won.”

Ways the team prepared in the off-season to accomplish its goals this year: “The top varsity players individually year round.”