The ultimate guide to a tear-free single girl’s Valentine’s Day

The ultimate guide to a tear-free single girls Valentine’s Day
Perry Tatlow

Though it is tempting, us single girls must avoid the annual ever-so-pathetic lonely Valentine’s Day pity party. So, clean yourself up, put on your big girl pants and prepare for the ultimate guide to a tear-free single girls Valentine’s Day.

1. Call your single girlfriends and get together for Galentines Day, that way you will not be alone. Have everyone bring Valentines Day themed junk food to share.  You might as well eat the sweets now, next year you may not be single so live it up.

2. Dress as comfy as possible. This is a judgement-free party. I recommend a cozy pair of PJ pants with an oversized hoodie and fuzzy socks. Makeup is prohibited.

3. Hit up the closest Red Box and rent a comedy. Remember, tear free. That means close The Notebook and Dear John and save them for a different night.

4. Since you aren’t spending your dough on some dude, you might as well spend it on yourself. Splurge on a mani-pedi, jewelry or a new pair of shoes.

5. Absolutely no complaining about being single (more than usual that is).  Who needs a man when you have your girls?

6. Put away your iPhone. Nothing is more annoying than single girls using Valentines Day as an excuse to excessively tweet about being lonely with a box of chocolates. One tweet is fine, two is annoying, three is just obnoxious. Four or more and you might as well stay single forever if you are having that much fun with the tweets.

7. If you’re willing to spend the money, going out to a nice dinner with friends is a great option. The Melting Pot is ideal. Though, I should warn you, if seeing happy couples will make you sad, it’s best to stay in and curl up with your girls.

8. Don’t make it all about you. As true as it may feel, you are not the only single person in the world. Instead, make someone else’s day better. Pay for someone’s meal at the drive-thru, or send a nice card. The good karma will make it’s way around to you. Just be patient.