What’s your favorite Halloween costume?

We were ‘Monsters Inc,’ with Boo, Mike Wazowski and Sully. I was Mike Wazowski.
    Bo Maney

“A unicorn and a butterfly. My butterfly costume [and the mane of the unicorn] was rainbow. And I really like unicorns.” – Evelyn Voegtli, third grader

“Wearing my Mirabel [from ‘Encanto’] costume was the best because I had the curly hair for it.” – Parvati Kirtani, third grader

“A group costume with my friends. We were ‘Monsters Inc,’ with Boo, Mike Wazowski and Sully. I was Mike Wazowski. We each [had] our own tutus, and made our shirts.” – Anna Buckhold, freshman

“I did one two or three years ago, I was this Scarecrow. I got parts of it, and I made it myself.” – Grayson Herrera, freshman

“I was Taylor Swift for two years. [I dressed up as] her 22 music video.” – Vivian Weitzel, freshman

“Last year I was Phil from ‘The Hangover,’ and honestly it was the most impressive costume I’ve ever done. I did the whole beard, nosebleed, sunglasses, shirt. I did everything, it was all out. I love that costume.” – Maggie Brinkman, sophomore

“[In] sixth grade, I went as this authentic scarecrow, with a pumpkin mask and a bloody sickle. Definitely my favorite costume ever. [I] stuffed [my shirt and jeans] with straw from hay bales. [I] trick-or-treated, scared people, gave out candy at my house. A couple kids wouldn’t come near me at all.” – Gabriel Kaplan, sophomore

“Two years ago, I dressed up as Ethan Winters from ‘Resident Evil.’ I gathered all the clothing needed for it. I also had to bandage up and use fake blood for my hand.” – Jordan Baum, junior

“I think my favorite was last year because I dressed up as a cowboy and got all my stuff from Savers. I went [to Savers] with another one of my friends, and she got [costumes] too. I found these cowboy boots, these jeans, and I had this flannel. It just looked really cool.” – Stevie Schukar, junior

“I had one of those big blowup T-rex [costumes] that you go inside of. It made me look really tall and it was really funny. I got to whack people with the head. Especially with little kids, they loved it. The first year I had it we walked around, went trick-or-treating, everyone loved it. I did this thing at my church, where I wore it and I raced this other kid who also had a dinosaur costume. Then I fell over and couldn’t get back up. I was like a beetle.” – Adam Zickel, senior

“When I was in elementary school I was obsessed with Harry Potter and so I made my own Sirius Black costume. It was the wanted poster, after he escaped from Azkaban, so I took a poster board and I cut out the holes to make it look like I was the poster.” – Anna Larkin, senior

“[When] I was in second grade, I was Taylor Swift for Halloween, and [my mom and I] went to Goodwill and we got this dress that kind of looked like what she wore on the ‘Fearless’ album, and I wore that. I used my dad’s old guitar and carried it around [the whole night.]” – Abby Greene, senior

“In elementary school, I was purple grapes, and I made the costume myself out of balloons. It wasn’t very convenient to sit in, but it was super fun to be surrounded by purple.” – Katie Hall, math teacher

“I was Queen Elizabeth I, complete with [the] hoop skirt and funky headdress thing they used to wear. I was so excited about my costume, I was in like fifth or  sixth grade; it was ridiculous.”- Amy Barker, English teacher

“Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, [I was] Leonardo as a kid.” – Officer Jeremy Johnson, student resource officer