Five steps to a perfect prom

Five steps to a perfect prom

Prom is the one night of the year when girls can spend a total of at least $200 on jewels, a dress and the perfect pair of shoes to look beautiful while guys flaunt their dates. Weeks in advance, girls gossip about how expensive their dress was, while the guys try to figure out which limo to book or what playlist to create. Prom plans should be made in advance, and here is a guide to help students have the perfect night.

1. Pick up your date or get picked up. Be a gentleman and walk up to the door. Talk to the parents to ensure your date will be home safe by the desired time. Then, compliment your date on how beautiful they look while you open the door to the car. On the way to your next destination, try to skip over cliché songs such as “Tonight’s Going to be a Good Night” by Black Eyed Peas or “Raise Your Glass” by Pink.

2. Go to a friend’s house to take pictures. The first photo should be taken with your date because this will most likely be the first photo chosen as your new Facebook picture. Guys, gently wrap your arms around your date, making them feel comfortable and beautiful. Girls, smile naturally because the more you force it, the more awkward the picture turns out. Some common pictures are of the girls shoes or corsages, a group photo and one with the girls turned around so people can see the back of the dresses.

3. Eat dinner and wait for transportation to prom outside. Dinner should consist of light foods since in an hour dancing will rule the night. Zia’s or Del Pietro’s on The Hill are perfect venues and have quick service while still being able to serve a delicious meal. After dinner, compliment your date again to reinstate their confidence after eating, take a couple more pictures and then let the fun begin once everyone ein the bus, limo or car.

4. Arrive at Union Station. Once you and your date have stepped foot onto the dance floor, let loose and have fun. Dance to old ‘90s songs, attempt to reach the middle of the floor or enjoy the punch and chocolate fountain. After an hour or two of dancing, the long wait for court is finally over. After the Prom King and Queen are announced, continue to break down some moves with your date until the clock chimes midnight and it is time to head on to the next event.

5. Go to the after party of your choice. Some go to a friend’s house, or attend the after party at Brunswick Zone Lakeside, organized by the Mother’s Club. Kick off the high heels and loafers, put on a comfy pair of pants and slip on your homemade shirts. Snap a couple more pictures and then celebrate the night with your group of friends.