From Germany to America: Taking part in the GAPP experience

As the German exchange students arrived at Lambert Airport Wednesday, Sept. 22 they were eagerly greeted by their excited partners who they housed for three weeks in June.

Sunday, Sept. 26 the German students and their partners got up early to go see the St. Louis Zoo. They left at 8:30 a.m., and their trip to Forest Park included touching the stingrays, petting goats, visited various animals, eating lunch on Art Hill and paddle boating. According to Francizke Hohensee, sophomore, zoos that are in Germany are much bigger than here and you there is an admission fee.

“In Germany you can give the animals something to eat,” Hohensee said. Hohensee is staying with Emma Stephenson junior, while the United States.

The German exchange students put on a talent show for their American partners as the Americans did while they were in Germany.  The German show consisted of ballet, jump-style dancing, singing, guitar, piano and accordion playing, skits and unicycle riding. Lukas Kuehn, junior, was the MC and played guitar at the talent show. Kuehn said he likes music from Led Zeppelin to the Foo Fighters.

The Germans will be in Kirkwood until  Monday, Oct. 11.