NHS sponsors KHS Blood Drive

Students lying in the gym bleeding is rarely the goal of any organization. But Oct. 27, National Honor Society (NHS) wanted just that.

“I hope that we can continue things like the blood drive to do a service project every quarter,” Karen Ambuehl, sponsor, said.

In the 7th year of the annual NHS blood drive, it more than surpassed the goal of 75 units of blood, Ambuehl said.

“We wanted to give a chance for non-NHS members to help out with the community,” Kate Hunt, co-president and senior, said.

NHS’s service projects have gone beyond the blood drive. NHS has also participated in the Flash Drive, a fund raiser for flash drives, and it earned enough money to purchase 20 flash drives for students to borrow from the school.
“One of the things we want to do is continue community service as a pillar,” Ambuehl said.

Ambuehl’s goal as the new NHS sponsor was to make the club more visible on campus, while still keeping some elements the same.

“All of the officers put in a lot of work,” Ambuehl said. “It is nice to see we did something to benefit others.”

Hunt has donated blood four times before this blood drive.
“[Blood drives] are saving lives. Blood you can give out and it doesn’t cost anything,” she said.

View Comments (1)
$1030
$500