Around town: Broadway Oyster Bar

Photo Credits go to reviewstl.com
Photo Credits go to reviewstl.com

The Broadway Oyster Bar has been a cornerstone in St. Louis culture for over 150 years. While rocking a New Orleans French Quarter style, the Broadway Oyster Bar has a very St. Louis aspect to it as well.

Before a Cardinals game, you will find the place packed with people wearing Cardinals attire. If you don’t have tickets to the game, just stay and watch the game with your friends on their massive inflatable screen.

People also flock to the Broadway Oyster Bar to enjoy the live music played there every night. The music schedule can be found here. The live music adds to the atmosphere of the whole restaurant. Inside is a small but cozy area decorated wall to wall with items that represent New Orleans and the bayou. Outside is a patio that is open air during the summertime, and heated in the winter time. In the evenings, you will find a merry shirtless man roasting corn on the cob on a grill. If you look down at the benches on the patio, you will find countless messages carved into the wood or written in Sharpie.

The Broadway Oyster Bar is home to some of the best and most affordable seafood in St. Louis. I myself often have a fish taco or a bucket filled to the brim with spicy boiled crawfish. The menu can be found here.