Grow up, Cleveland Fans

Get over it, Cleveland fans.

Five months after NBA player LeBron James brought his talents to South Beach, Cavaliers fans are still booing LeBron and burning his old 23 Cavalier jerseys. If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at the Cavalier management as they did not give LeBron what he wanted: teammates he could win a championship with even though the NBA has a salary cap to put all teams on an equal playing field.

One person cannot win a NBA championship. If you look at the Lakers, Kobe has Paul Gasol and Lamar Odom. The Celtics have Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo. Cleveland was not aggressive enough during the offseason to acquire good players. I understand Cleveland was able to pick up Shaq last season, but he was on his decline toward retirement and is now with Boston.

It was, however, a poor business decision on LeBron’s part to go to Miami, which is paying him less, but he just wants to play with better players and a better organization that can help him win a championship. Statistics are nice but NBA championship trophies and rings are nicer.

So for the fans in Cleveland, “Ask what your basketball organization can do for you.’’

Grow up, Cleveland Fans

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

View Comments (2)
$1030
$500