Police Beat: 2/20-2/26

On Monday, 02-20-2012, at 7:59 a.m. police responded to a theft report in the 700 block of South
Kirkwood Road. The victim reported a leather coat and wallet stolen from his vehicle during the
previous overnight hours. The vehicle was locked and the suspect damaged a door lock to gain entry.

On Monday, 02-20-2012, at 12:04 p.m. officers received a report of fraud that occurred at a retail store
in the 1000 block of South Kirkwood Road. The victim, a resident of Wildwood, had her credit card
stolen in Des Peres, Missouri, on Sunday, 02-19-2012. The credit card was then used by a suspect at
retail store in Kirkwood for over $4,000 in purchases.

On Tuesday, 02-21-2012, at 1:17 a.m. police stopped a motorist for a traffic violation near the
intersection of South Kirkwood Road and I-44. The officer discovered illegal narcotics in the vehicle
and arrested one of the adult occupants.

On Tuesday, 02-21-2012, detectives arrested an adult for stealing property valued at $500 or more.
The original incident occurred during the week of January 9th, 2012 at a business in the 1000 block of
Kirkwood Road. The case will be referred to the St Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for
review.

Also on Tuesday, 02-21-2012, detectives arrested an adult for stealing. The theft occurred during
the week of December 26th, 2011, at a business in the 1200 block of S. Kirkwood. On Wednesday,
detectives arrested a second adult at a residence in St Louis in connection with the same case. Both
suspects were referred to Kirkwood Municipal Court.
On Thursday, 02-23-2012, at 10:39 p.m. police received several reports of shots fired near the
intersection of Saratoga Street and Orleans Street in Kirkwood. Officers at the nearby Kirkwood
Commons shopping area came across a vehicle speeding from the area. The driver stopped and
notified police that his vehicle was shot at and an adult male passenger had sustained a gunshot wound.
The passenger was attended to by paramedics and treated at the scene and released. Detectives
arrested an adult suspect on Friday afternoon.

On Saturday, 02-25-2012, the St Louis County
Prosecuting Attorney’s Office issued two charges of Assault 1st degree and two charges of Armed
Criminal Action against Kenneth Tatum, 20 years of age, of the 400 block of Saratoga Street in
Kirkwood. Tatum was transferred to the St Louis County Jail and held on $250,000 bond.

During the week of Monday, 02-20-2012, through Sunday, 02-26-2012, Kirkwood Police arrested four
adults for shoplifting merchandise from area businesses. All of the offenses occurred at a retail store in
the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road.