Police Beat: 2/18-2/24

Police Beat: 2/18-2/24

On Monday, 02-18-2013, at 10:17 a.m. a resident from the 800 block of Delchester reported three rings missing from the residence.   The rings were believed to have been stolen sometime in January 2013. There was no forced entry to the residence.

On Monday, 02-18-2013, at 12:46 p.m. police were contacted by a victim who stated her wallet was taken from her purse while she was at a party on Saturday, in the 600 block of East Madison. A credit card from the stolen wallet was used fraudulently to make purchases at two different places of business in unincorporated St Louis County.

On Monday, 02-18-2013 at 11:47 p.m. police arrested an adult for possession of drug paraphernalia.  Police were assisting a motorist whose car was stalled at the intersection of South Kirkwood Road and Woodbine when the passenger of the vehicle was observed concealing drug paraphernalia in the vehicle.

On Tuesday, 02-19-2013, at 3:19 p.m. a resident from the 600 block of Villa Gardens reported and approximately two weeks prior they noticed an anniversary ring missing from the residence.  There was no forced entry into the residence.

On Thursday, 02-21-2013, and Friday, 02-22-2013, police assisted numerous motorists and handled several traffic accidents related to hazardous driving conditions due to the inclement weather.  There were no major injuries reported.

During the week of Monday, 02-18-2013, through Sunday, 02-24-2013, Kirkwood Police arrested three adults for shoplifting merchandise in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road.  All cases were referred to municipal court.