Police Beat: 2/25-3/3

Police Beat: 2/25-3/3

On February 25, 2013 at 3:09 pm police responded to 1000 block of South Kirkwood Road for a theft
from a vehicle. Taken from vehicle was miscellaneous household items cell phone and money orders.
No forced entry was made to the car.

On February 26, 2013 at 4:02pm police received several reports of a vehicle travelling in the wrong
direction on Kirkwood Road near Essex Avenue. The vehicle later was involved in a minor accident
at the intersection of Kirkwood and Washington. The driver of the vehicle in question was arrested for
driving while intoxicated. No injuries were reported.

On February 26, 2013 at 4:40 pm police responded to the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road for a
theft from a vehicle. The victim’s vehicle was parked and had the driver’s rear window broken out. A
backpack was taken from the trunk of the vehicle along with a bible that was lying on the rear seat of
the vehicle.

On February 28, 2013 at 12:00 pm police responded to a residence on Wildwood for a burglary report.
The residence was in foreclosure and real estate agents arrived to find copper pipes missing from the
home. There were no signs of forced entry.

On February 28, 2013 at 5:28 pm police took a report of a wallet stolen from a purse in the 800 block
of South Holmes in Oakland. The victim reported she had left her purse unattended while using the
restroom the previous day only later to find her wallet missing. The victim also reported several
unauthorized purchases had been made online with her stolen credit cards.

On March 1, 2013 at 10:19 am police responded to the 1300 block of Bent Oak Court for a report
of a theft of a delivery. The resident reported finding a delivery box by her front door. The box had
been torn open and taped back up. The content of the box, a Kindle Fire, was missing. UPS stated the
delivery had actually been made the day prior to the resident finding the package.

On March 1, 2013 at 4:50 pm police took a report regarding identity theft of a resident in the 700 block
of Evans. The victim advised an unknown person contacted Bestbuy.com and made a purchase using
the victim’s Visa credit card number. The purchase was for a Nintendo Wii and was delivered to an
address in Texas.

On March 2, 2013, at 12:48 pm police recovered a blue mountain bike on a vacant lot in the 300 block
of South Fillmore Avenue. The bicycle was brought to the Kirkwood Police Station awaiting the
owner.

On March 2, 2013 at 10:40 pm police responded to the 200 block of West Jewel where the victim
reported the driver’s side window of a vehicle parked at the residence had been shattered. Nothing was
missing from the vehicle. The victim reported a similar incident occurred in January.

On March 3, 2013 at 4:13 pm police responded to the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road for thefts
from vehicles. Two separate vehicles were broken into by damaging the driver’s side window. A piece
of luggage and book bags were taken from the two vehicles.

During the week of Monday, February 25, through Sunday, March 3, 2013 there were two arrests made
for shoplifting from retail stores in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road. Both cases were referred
to municipal court.