Power and balance beyond the bracelet

Everyone wears them. Professional athletes, LeBron James and Matt Stafford, promote them. And teens wear them because they think they can actually help their performance out on the field or court. They are called Power Balance bracelets, a performance technology with a hologram that is supposed to work with one’s natural field of energy, which improves their balance, strength and flexibility.

What a load of crap.

You really want me to believe that a rubber band can make me stronger, more balanced and more flexible? Come on, you cannot be serious. Someone must be yanking my chain because I can tell the world this is a scam. This product cannot be considered a good way to improve your athletic ability.

Come on people, wake up and smell the crap. I could smell it from the first time I heard about the bands. I have friends at lunch say, Myles, it really works, I saw it on T.V. They did this experiment on people, and it worked. Really? Do we believe everything we see on television? I have personally seen the experiment on Power Balance’s website, and I do not believe it. It showed Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls point guard, standing like the letter “T,” toes and heels together, while a sales- man pushed his arm down. The salesperson said, “Try the same test with the Power Balance on.” This ad continues with doing another test on a professional athlete without showing the result of wearing the wristband. How can you not show the result? Is the crap getting stinky? I thought it would.

If someone wants to better themselves on the practice field, I advise them to do it on their own. If an individual wants to be stronger, balanced and flexible, I am sure there are other ways to improve instead of trusting a rubber band with a metal plate in it. Want to be stronger? Go lift weights at a gym. Want to be more flexible? Get on the  floor and start stretching. Want to be balanced? Join a yoga class. These are the all-natural ways that can help a person achieve these goals.

Personally, I think it is an excuse, waste of money and a form of laziness. People trusting a wristband to do things that you can do yourself is unbelievable. Do not buy into the hype.

I will personally not pay $29.99 for a rubber band that gives false ad- vertising. Whoever created these bands is a genius and is suckering all of you. Smell the stench and back away from the idea that a rubber band can make you into an unstoppable force in sports.