Around town: St. Louis Wing Co.

Me, Nick Feltus, junior, and Kirkwood graduate Matt Siegel after completing the Ghost Chili Challenge

One of the best places to get chicken wings in St. Louis is at St. Louis Wing Co. Located on Manchester, this restaurant is a fun place to go with your friends.

Normally, wings aren’t cheap, but here they are. It’s an even better deal if you take advantage of their “all you can eat wings” special. This great deal includes fries and a drink, and is available seven days a week until 3 PM.

Although the menu isn’t very extensive, the food on it more than makes up for it. First of all, there is a wide variety of wings offered. My favorites are the Traditional Hot and the Thai Sweet Chili. There are many other one of a kind types of wings such as the Rally Squirrel and Marinara with Shredded Parmesan. Many of the flavors were invented by the owner himself, Bobby Tessler. Besides wings, there are a variety of delicious sides such as their sweet potato fries and toasted ravioli.

Chef Bobby Tessler is one of the reasons why I like St. Louis Wing Co. so much. Even though I’m not a regular there, he remembers me and treats me like I am one. He also runs another small business on the side. He sells livestrong bands for Mizzou, Webster Groves, and Kirkwood behind the counter. They are very stylish and are only five dollars. Webster has already sold him out of wristbands for their school. (Should Kirkwood step up their game here?)

St. Louis Wing Co. is also home to one of St. Louis’s many food challenges. This one has been named the “Ghost Chili Wing Contest”. This requires you to eat six wings smothered in a sauce made from the Indian Ghost Pepper, which is the hottest natural pepper on Earth. You must eat them within five minutes, then you must sit for an additional five minutes without any napkins, food, or water. This challenge is extremely difficult to complete, but any brave soul who passes this test is rewarded with a t-shirt, ten dollar gift certificate, and your picture on their “Wall of Flame”.

For more information, check out the St. Louis Wing Co website.

View Larger Map

View Comments (1)
    $1030
    $500