What is your favorite part about Spirit week

Photo credit to mctcampus.com

I got the chance to ask students around campus what their favorite part about Spirit Week was. Spirit week is the kick-off to all Turkey Day festivities around the community of Kirkwood and Webster Groves. Through the two-day week, students at KHS involve themselves in Tacky Day (wearing orange and black for Webster Groves), hallway decorating, Spirit Day (wearing red and white for Kirkwood), and one loud pep rally to kick off the tradition of Turkey Day.

“I really enjoy the pep rally and once break starts, I like being able to eat lots of food,” Will Yarborough, senior, said.

“My favorite part is easily the hallways. I love being apart of a class that comes together and doesn’t just focus on a hallway that’s up for less than 24 hours, they enjoy the time we have together and all the hard work pay off,” Luke Backer, junior, said.

“Of course I love the hallways and everything that goes into it, but the pep rally is my favorite and being able to see the pommies perform and getting to see the classes come together,” Claire Dobbs, junior, said.

“My favorite part is easily the rivalry coming into to play between us and Webster,” Allie Powers, senior, said. “There’s not a lot of rivalries and traditions like Kirkwood and Webster have, and I love that.”

History of Turkey Day
    Spirit week

View Comments (1)
    $1030
    $500