Analyzing the Rams 2013 draft picks

Courtesy of MCT Campus

Tavon Austin: 1st Round (8th overall)

I love this pick. Yes, we had to trade up to get him, but he is going to be an absolute player. He is one of the most elusive people I have ever seen. His vision upfield allows him to anticipate where people are going, and his ability to change his speed so fast helps him get away. He can also play running back and return kicks very effectively, which makes him a variable Percy Harvin.

Alec Ogletree: 1st Round (30th overall)

I didn’t like picking him up with our 22, but at 30, this guy is a great value. Rated by many as the best outside linebacker in the draft, this guy will be great for us. Being one of the fastest linebacker prospects in years will also help us out with tracking down the two new “read action” quarterbacks in the NFC West.

T.J. McDonald: 3rd Round (71st overall)

We passed on many solid safety prospects and reached a bit here for this guy. Although not stellar on tape by any means, he is a solid tackler and plays by the book. Snead likes him so I do too.

Stedman Bailey: 3rd Round (92nd overall)

What better receiving compliment to Tavon Austin than his college buddy? Already known to be good friends, they will have instant chemistry. Bailey, who had 25 touchdowns for West Virginia last year has every tool to succeed in the NFL but size.

Barrett Jones: 4th Round (113th overall)

This guy would have been a first rounder if he didn’t hurt his ankle. One of the most versatile offensive linemen in the class, and also an absolute stand up guy off the field too.

Brandon McGee: 5th Round (149th overall)

He is no shutdown corner, and I don’t expect him to be. Although he has a bit of upside, I expect him to mainly play depth and special teams.

Zac Stacy: 5th Round (160th overall)

I expect big things from the 5th round pick. He is short and shaped like a bowling ball. This makes him durable and hard to tackle. He can also run, fast. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is makes it as the workhorse back over Pead and Richardson this year.

Analyzing the Rams 2013 draft picks

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.