Chip Chrome & the Mono-Tones – The Neighbourhood

January 28, 2021

If anyone was going to save 2020, one of the most disastrous years in decades, it would be The Neighbourhood. Graesen Joyce

If anyone was going to save 2020, one of the most disastrous years in decades, it would be The Neighbourhood. An American indie alternative band, The Neighbourhood released their latest album, Chip Chrome & The Mono-Tones in December of 2020. Jesse Rutherford, the band’s lead vocalist, is credited with the inspiration for the album’s namesake. Each song is centered around Chip Chrome, Jesse Rutherford’s alter ego, inspired by David Bowie’s Ziggy Stardust. The album starts off with “Stargazing,” an upbeat introduction to the album sure to bring positive energy to every listener. The mood then quickly shifts  to a more down tempo rhythm with songs like “Over the Influence” and “Here We Go Again.” Chip Chrome & The Mono-Tones is arguably The Neighbourhood’s most creatively driven album, with uniquely produced songs such as “Boohoo” and “Hell or High Water.” “Silver Lining” and “The Shining” are perfect examples of The Neighbourhood’s ability to produce countless genre defying songs, as there is no way to truly describe their sound. Regardless of which song in the album you start with, you are sure to find a song you love from Chip Chrome & The Mono-Tones.