Dreamland – Glass Animals

January 28, 2021

The album boasts hypnotizing, ethereal songs offset by those with heavier, faster beats. (Graesen Joyce)

English pop band Glass Animals, finally broke into the American music scene with their aptly-named third album, “Dreamland.” The album opens with the mesmerizing first notes of the title track, welcoming listeners to the entrancing dreamscape of the rest of the songs. Glass Animals succeeds in making listeners feel like they’re walking through clouds on songs like “Helium,” before plummeting down to the neon streets of Japan for songs like “Tokyo Drifting.” The hypnotic atmosphere created in the album is tangible and electric. The album ends with an upbeat melody that transitions into the opening notes from the title track, “Dreamland,” resulting in the perfect conclusion. The album boasts hypnotizing, ethereal songs offset by those with heavier, faster beats. Catchier songs like “Tangerine” and the iconic “Heat Waves” have made their way to the radio, but the album is best when listened to as a whole to get the full mesmerizing effect. And if you’re anything like me, you’ll be thinking about “Dreamland” nonstop for days.