Evermore – Taylor Swift

January 28, 2021

Taylor Swift’s latest album, “Evermore,” displays her ability to combine the older elements that made me a “Swiftie” with a fresh sound. Graesen Joyce

I’ve been a self-proclaimed “Swiftie” since I was in first grade. Taylor Swift’s latest album, “Evermore,” displays her ability to combine the older elements that made me a “Swiftie” with a fresh sound. “‘tis the damn season” showcases Swift’s storytelling ability as it transports you into the shoes of someone who is home for the holidays and has rekindled an old fling. With its winter themes, it’s like a brand new “Back to December,” from Swift’s 2010 album, “Speak Now.” “champagne problems” tells the story of a wedding proposal gone wrong. With nostalgic vibes similar to “All Too Well” and “New Years Day,” it will become your new favorite heartbreak song. “gold rush” and “long story short” will have you singing into your hairbrush remembering Swift’s “1989” era. Packed with country elements, “no body, no crime” could fit on her first album. With lyrics like “I come back stronger than a 90s trend,” good luck convincing me that “Evermore” isn’t the greatest Taylor Swift album (and album) of all time.