Mizzou mid season awards

SHANE KEYSER
    Photo Courtesy of Shane Keyser

Mid-Season Awards:
    With the Missouri Tigers having their bye week this past Saturday I decided to hand out mid-season awards for best offensive, defensive, special teams and most valuable player.

Special Teams: Marcus Murphy
    I chose Marcus Murphy for best special teams player because he is a punt and kick returning monster. He has five touchdowns this year, where he took a returned a kick 98 yards against the best defensive team in the nation in Alabama. He has proven himself as an elite returner in the NCAA.

Defensive Player: Sheldon Richardson
    Defensive Lineman Sheldon Richardson is one scary dude. He is a powerful lineman who is always seeking a sack. He leads the team with 52 tackles and four sacks which account for 26 lost yards for the opposing team. His playing style reminds me of Aldon Smith’s, who is a former Mizzou lineman who plays in the NFL. I would not be surprised if Sheldon came out and put up five sacks in the second half of the season.

Offensive Player/MVP: Kendial Lawrence
    It is easy to see why I picked Senior running back Kendial Lawrence for these two awards. First, he has carried the team’s offense every week no matter what quarterback is starting. He carries the leadership load as well and the scoring load when he is on the field. Whenever the Tigers are in a moment of panic, Kendial is always the one who supplies the first down or even the touchdown. Kendial this year has 525 rushing yards that go along with his five rushing touchdowns. Right now, I consider him the entire Mizzou offense because of what he has done so far this season. Watch out for a breakout second half from this young man because this just might be the MVP of the SEC.