Mizzou week in review

Courtesy of MCT Campus

Week in review:
    You can call it the mood swings of basketball when it comes to the Missouri Tigers. They can lose in the last seconds in one game then the next one they blow out the opposition. During this past week the Missouri Tigers mens basketball team played two conference games. One was a 70-68 loss at Texas A&M, and then another two days later a 98-79 win at home over Ole Miss.

To recap the Tigers first game against Texas A&M all I can say is that they don’t know how to handle last second shots. On the last play after the Aggies score the Tigers decided not to call a timeout, but to rush down the court and get the ball to Phil Pressey who took and missed a three with five seconds left in the game, resulting in the two point loss. I was ultimately confused and frustrated with the final decision. If you have a timeout and just lost your lead with less than 10 seconds on the clock, call the timeout and try to silence the crowd.

The second game was a rematch of the Jan. 15 against Ole Miss who in the previous meeting beat the Tigers by 15. This game was entirely different. Mizzou was exceptional in the first half putting up 50 points. In this game, I saw an offensive frenzy from the Tigers especially from Alex Oriakhi who put up 24 points and 18 rebounds. Pressey and Keion Bell also scored more than 20 points. It was a great sight seeing the Tigers offense clique and the whole team coming back from a bad loss earlier in the week.

Next week the Tigers will be playing at Mississippi State on Wednesday then at Arkansas on Sunday. Sundays game should be a great offensive battle with the Tigers No. 24 offense against the Razorbacks No. 31.